1200 calorie a day a bit much!

I am new here, but not new to calorie counting. So hello!!!
My doctor does all my bloodwork and its perfect, well except for the impending perimenopause or whatever its called these days! My gripe is that i have to lie and say my calorie count is more than what is the lowest you can have for the day in order for me to get to the next day as I want to save up my calories and have a nice lovely large meal on Sundays! Is this a problem for anyone else and how do you handle it?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I explain that, although my target is 1200 net of exercise calories that I count by week and am anticipating a high calorie meal on Friday. Works for me (currently anticipating a burger with a duck pancake on it on Friday...)
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Do you mean to close you diary?
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    You don't have to lie to get to the next day, just don't complete your diary. It does nothing but give you a projected weight anyway. It still saves, you still have your streak from logging in etc. It's a gimmick.

Having said that - it won't close if you're under 1000, not 1200. If you're regularly eating under 1000, you may want to reassess and make sure that big meal is giving you an adequate average of calories. I calorie cycle too, 1100-1300 on weekdays and around 2000 on weekends, so I get the storing up calories, but you still should be eating enough, even on low days.

This, plus, you need to make sure all of your days have adequate nutrition. So many save calories to splurge on junk food calories and their nutrition, and health, suffers.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    The app doesnt do well with intermittent fasting or generating reports under 1000/1200.
    The reason is it wont generate forecasts on weekly tracking, only daily tracking.
    I wish it would generate a forecast based on a whole weeks logging.

However that doesnt actually stop you entering 800 calories or 900 and then 2000 on one day of the week.
    Its just none of those days will generate an accurate 4 week forecast.

In reality you should be using weigh ins regularly - the App is just about helping you track your targets and nutrition intake.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Just don't close out your diary.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    You have to lie to who? Your doctor? I’m confused. It’s fine to “save up” calories for another day though.