When You Work In An Office...

Options
famousruby
famousruby Posts: 8 Member
4c6amqactr4z.jpeg
I work in an office where activity level is zero, you go blind staring at computer screens for 8-10 hours a day, develop arthritis from typing, accumulate back pain from sitting lazily in a chair, and end up eventually being diagnosed with selective hearing. Don’t get me wrong, I like my job. I especially love the staff I work with. We just all had no motivation to lose any weight or try to be a tad bit more healthy.
At the start of this year, I created a game board for our office. We all put $20 in a pot. The board is designed to last for a few months and hopefully until the summer time. I got one of those nifty scales that can program up to 10 people’s weight, BMI, % of this, and % of that. We all started meal prepping and have daily mini workouts together aside from committing to a gym. We all weighed in at the first of the year and measured inches. Every Monday we weigh in and measure again. We lose, we move spaces on the board. If we miss one of our daily mini workouts at the office, we move back spaces. Throughout the board there are space advancement incentives for random things. There are also random prize squares on the board. All spaces are designed to motivate, not discourage.
Whoever ends up making it to the end of the board first, essentially wins the pot.
All in all, it has been two weeks so far, and we are all on track as a team. We all feel very accomplished thus far. The office is very excited and we are all looking forward to our final results!