Not eating enough!

I have been eating really healthy it's just I get full easily and don't get enough calories sometimes only 600-900 and I'm a 5'5 female, it's just I'm so full I can't eat anymore. I need more of a balance, what's some healthy non filling calorie dense foods?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Nut butters, nuts, seeds, salad dressings, cook your veggies in oil.

Drink some milk and vegetable/fruit juices.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Eggs, butter, cream, full fat milk and yoghurt, nuts, avocado, cottage cheese with fruit, olive oil...increase portion sizes, eat more snacks.
  • sam_juggins
    sam_juggins Posts: 45 Member
    How do you survive on that? What is your day like foodwise????
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    My first thought was 600-900 calories per meal?

But seriously, as others have said, there are plenty of nutrient dense food options out there. Whether you are trying to gain or lose doesn’t matter - what matters is that you realize that the calories you are consuming aren’t enough to sustain you. Thanks for coming to ask for help - eat more nuts, nut butters, avocado... or live a little and add in some cookies, ice cream or milk shakes. You’ll get your calories up in no time!

Good luck. Be well.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I have been eating really healthy it's just I get full easily and don't get enough calories sometimes only 600-900 and I'm a 5'5 female, it's just I'm so full I can't eat anymore. I need more of a balance, what's some healthy non filling calorie dense foods?

There is nothing healthy about eating 600-900 calories per day. How is your fat intake? Fat is a necessary nutrient and an easy way to add calories. Nuts, nut butters, avocado, cook with butter or oil, dress salads with olive oil based dressings, etc.
  • tinyellewife
    tinyellewife Posts: 3 Member
    I'm having this problem too--I am used to eating a small amount of food in volume but high calorie (i.e. crap) and trying to eat the right amount of calories with veggies, lean protein, brown rice etc is just not happening. I felt ill trying to force down the grapes in my lunch (I gave up.) I feel overwhelmed finding "good" fats to make up the difference as it seems no one agrees with what those are. I don't want to under eat calorie-wise and end up crashing and giving up like I have literally every other time in my life. I also have high HDL so i don't want to overload on fat.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you're sure you're logging accurately (some people who think they are eating this little are actually eating more due to some common logging errors), then find some calorie-dense foods to add to your diet. The list @diannethegeek posted is a great resource for these.
  • hopeedanielle
    hopeedanielle Posts: 25 Member
    Are you recovering from an ED? I really don't know how 600-900 calories makes you feel full :/

The above replies are what I would also suggest too though. Make sure you eat at LEAST 1200 calories but even that might not be enough for you.

No I have never had an eating disorder. There are replies on my other thread that agree with the situation I'm in, and there are others that have the same thing. I have never been a big eater, I was just eating lots of fatty sugary foods that would get me full. Now that I'm only eating clean I get full. I have incorporated more natural fats such as nuts and some dairy to help me reach my calorie goal. Not everyone can understand but that's ok I am hitting my calorie goal now so no I don't have an ED..
  • hopeedanielle
    How do you survive on that? What is your day like foodwise????

Morning I would have a 6in whole grain flatbread with egg and spinach, lunch I'd have apples or grapes and dinner a skinless boneless chicken patty on a bed of greens. I have now incorporated more healthy fats such as nuts and dairy and am meeting my calorie goal.
  • hopeedanielle
    I'm having this problem too--I am used to eating a small amount of food in volume but high calorie (i.e. crap) and trying to eat the right amount of calories with veggies, lean protein, brown rice etc is just not happening. I felt ill trying to force down the grapes in my lunch (I gave up.) I feel overwhelmed finding "good" fats to make up the difference as it seems no one agrees with what those are. I don't want to under eat calorie-wise and end up crashing and giving up like I have literally every other time in my life. I also have high HDL so i don't want to overload on fat.

Oh my gosh I related to this so much. It didn't help everyone on here was so rude and didn't offer any real advice other than suggesting I have an ED or saying I'm unhealthy. Anyways I now hit my calorie goal by adding some oils here and there like olive oil when I'm grilling chicken or in my salad. Also adding a slice of cheese on my sandwich. Also will add some yogurt with my fruit. I personally don't like avocados but you can add them in your salad. What I've learned the most is that people will say everything is unhealthy in some sort of way, I've seen sites saying eating too much spinach is bad for you. Smh. It can be easy to overthink your diet and sometimes I do but the mindset I have now is just to have things in moderation. Don't think you have to eat completely clean like all these celebs do by cutting out gluten and dairy and basically everything lol. You'll be healthy and lose weight with all those things trust me. a little bit of fats doesn't hurt anyone, and fats, unless consumed in excess, don't turn into fats. Good luck on your weight loss!
  • hopeedanielle
    If you're sure you're logging accurately (some people who think they are eating this little are actually eating more due to some common logging errors), then find some calorie-dense foods to add to your diet. The list @diannethegeek posted is a great resource for these.

Thanks for the list, I have always weighed and measured everything I ate accurately so yes this calorie intake was correct it is no longer that low
  • Purpledakinin
    Purpledakinin Posts: 2 Member
    I have this problem occasionally, especially on days i'm running around, and don't get a chance to eat. I get home, have dinner, and still have lots of calories left, but can't conceive eating another 1000 calories. But as most of the others have recommended, nuts are the way to go... heck, at 180 calories per tbsn, a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter can put you up there real fast! You are asking for help getting there, so it doesn't seem like you are TRYING to starve yourself, but as someone who has been that route, i can attest to the fact that its not a sustainable way to live in the long run. The pounds come off fast, but they come back faster.