Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it happens.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    It takes all my spirit to awake every morning.

Does that count?
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine enlightenment ever being a bad thing.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    To me it has bad connotations because, in my mind, it implies that someone was in a dark place of vulnerability and needed something to fill a void and give them hope. Actually, now that I type that out I suppose it isn't such a bad thing. Not of fan of zealots, though.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think people protest thing spiritual because it reminds them that they are really, really, really, really a small spec in the universe, that they really don't know the meaning of life beyond what this single planet offers, they this life is short and temporal, and that there are many more things out of their control than they can control. It scares them so they protest too much, or they rightfully protest those who would try to impose their institutional doctrine on them instead of the personal spiritual relationship one should have within themselves. But even there, spiritual awakening isn't about religion even. It is about those moments you do discover or come to grips with your place in the universe, or in this world, or even just small actualizations of yourself.

All good things to me.
    Sad so many fight it.
  • hikerAaron
    hikerAaron Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've had a few spiritual awakenings over the years, each one has pushed me a little forward in life, and been the catalyst for positive change.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I was in a state of constant pain and suffering two years ago and then I read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I don't describe myself as enlightened for that feels like another mind identified state. My current state of consciousness has transcended my former state of always listening and believing the voice in my head. Meditation has helped me see my thoughts as just thoughts and it's a much more peaceful state of Being.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    It depends on how attractive you are, quite honestly.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Had too many spirits the other night and awoke with a hangover.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I once had a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and there was this huge rock of solidified nacho cheese dust just sitting in the bottom of the bag. I broke it up and sprinkled it over the remaining chips.

I've been chasing that high ever sense.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    OP could this spiritual awakening be linked in any way to the subject matter of the other thread you've authored at MFP?

I wondered this exact same thing.