Packing Vegetarian Lunches

Anyone have any favorite recipes for vegetarian lunches on the go? Bonus points for high protein options or if it's fast to put together in the morning. Realizing my old brown-bag lunch solutions weren't exactly the lowest in sugars or calories.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Egg and cottage cheese with a large amount of salad.

Greek yogurt with berries

Egg mayonnaise lettuce wraps
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have been on a protein bagel and spreadable cheese kick. I buy a brand of bagel called P28 that has 28 grams of protein per bagel and put some fake vegan spreadable (kitehill) cheese (because I'm sensitive to dairy).

Another one of my favorites is mashed chick pea salad. I mash 1 can of chick peas with a potato masher, mix it with some hummus, carrots, and celery and put in on a sandwich or wrap! 1 can mixed with hummus and veggies is usually enough for me for about 5 lunches Sadly I cannot eat this one anymore due to fiber issues but it is really easy and very tasty!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    My lunch is 2 HB eggs, carrots, banana,apple and a half cup of a seed/nut mix.
  • My favorite lunch is to have leftover dinner from the night before. While cleaning up dinner I pre-portion leftovers. Then in the morning I just grab one plus an apple or yogurt or something. Super easy!

Lately I'm also into those tofurky fake deli meat slices. Usually I make a sandwich the night before so it's ready to grab and go in the morning.
  • alihoule93
    alihoule93 Posts: 16 Member
    1 cup of grilled or roasted veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 hard boiled eggs OR a serving of tofu. :) +/- 2 TBS of dressing. Sometimes I also up the protein if I know my other meals will be lower (ie more of the listed protein, or adding beans etc).
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    A while back I would prepare quinoa, have chickpeas or beans rinsed and in a container and a whole bunch of chopped up veggies that I could just throw in with the quinoa in the morning. You could make some dressings or sauces ahead of time and put it in a second container to have with your lunch.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    This is what I meal Prepped this week, everything held up really well and it was REALLY good, I added broccoli and snap peas

https://cookieandkate.com/2015/thai-red-curry-recipe/

• raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    When I was working out of the house I would bake up some sweet potatoes or some acorn squash and make a giant pot of quinoa. Then I would just throw together some tupperware bowls with some quinoa, some squash or potatoes and some beans straight out of the can (black-eyed peas, black beans, navy, whatever) then just nuke it at lunch. Also, if you like hummus, Sabra makes great little single-serving hummus bowls with pretzels or veggies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2018
    Current pattern (this week) is a mixed bean with vegetable dish I made ahead (I've been experimenting with my new instant pot). I mixed it with some steel cut oats today (instead of rice) and added a variety of other vegetables -- broccoli, cauliflower, radicchio, and, since I planned to eat it cold, some spicy guacamole I made.