Synced pedometer and activity level

Options
Hello! Sorry if this has been asked, I searched but was unable to find an exact answer to my question.

I set my activity level to lightly active because I get a lot of steps on work days and not that many steps on days off so it averages to around 7,000 a day. I recently synced the Pacer app to mfp because it counts my steps, should I keep my activity level set at lightly active and eat the extra calories it gives me or should I now set it to sedentary since I'm getting extra calories from the steps?

I was not previously eating any extra exercise calories but I was not able to stay within my calorie goal before so maybe I was not eating enough.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Probably set MFP to sedentary and let the pacer add the calories for you.

I am not familiar with the pacer app, but if it gives you a total calories burned for the day estimate you can use that to see if the adjusted MFP goal gives you the deficit you want according to the pacer estimates. I have used a fitbit and now a garmin and they worked with MFP a little differently, so it doesn't seem like there is a one size fits all answer to how every device will work when integrated with MFP.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you!