same work every day, feeling sore and weak

2»

Replies

• crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    will give it a shot. How many calories should I eat at my level of activity?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    will give it a shot. How many calories should I eat at my level of activity?

I'd plug it into MFP as active and 1lb per week. Give it a try and adjust from there based on results. What was your activity level set to previously.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    If your muscle pain and feelings of weakness persist despite tweaking your nutrition, see your primary care provider to rule out a medical issue.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited January 2018
    What types of carbs would be best? Fruits? Grains? ??
    The kind you like best! Eating at a 250 calorie daily deficit (to lose 0.5 pound per week) doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy every meal. Women should get at least 25g fiber daily, but beyond that eat what you enjoy.

Fwiw, I, too, think your deficit is waaay too aggressive for the amount you have to lose and your current weight & activity. I weigh 115 lb, and I can't sustain 1200 at much lower activity than you. AND I'm older than you. Try more food. Also, a food scale takes away the mystery and guess work, greatly simplifying weight loss. It's also very handy in the kitchen for many things besides plating your meals. Best $10 you can spend for weight loss.
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    I just changed my settings to Active vs. Lightly Active and my goal to 1lb/week and it bumped my calories to 2000/day instead of 1200. That scares me. I don't want to gain, but I'll try it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I just changed my settings to Active vs. Lightly Active and my goal to 1lb/week and it bumped my calories to 2000/day instead of 1200. That scares me. I don't want to gain, but I'll try it.

I think you set it appropriately. Do this for about 6 weeks and assess what happened and adjust from there. It is generally a good idea for women to give it 6 weeks to get through 1 cycle +. That way the water weight fluctuations of a cycle are averaged out.