HIIT workout

Options
124»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    So I've got a HITT (Or whatever you guys class it as) program from a trainer in my gym & my god its though! 20 sec treadmill decline - You've got to force the treadmill conveyor belt to maintain at 10km/h for 20 seconds on & 2 min break off. Repeat this 3 times & every 2 weeks add an extra rep on. The next exercise is the Prowler Sled 75m push - 2 min break then repeat x 3 times. Again you add 1 more rep every 2 weeks. I do this burnout after a workout & It's safe to say ITS A KILLER!

Classing it as a tough workout that meets your personal fitness needs is plenty good enough.

Congrats on having the attitude and energy to get it done! :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    So I've got a HITT (Or whatever you guys class it as) program from a trainer in my gym & my god its though! 20 sec treadmill decline - You've got to force the treadmill conveyor belt to maintain at 10km/h for 20 seconds on & 2 min break off. Repeat this 3 times & every 2 weeks add an extra rep on. The next exercise is the Prowler Sled 75m push - 2 min break then repeat x 3 times. Again you add 1 more rep every 2 weeks. I do this burnout after a workout & It's safe to say ITS A KILLER!

What's your trainer suggesting is the outcome from this?
  • joshuak30
    joshuak30 Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ... 20 sec treadmill decline - You've got to force the treadmill conveyor belt to maintain at 10km/h for 20 seconds on & 2 min break off...

What are you feeling when you complete this? Tired muscles, or breathing so hard you can't stand up straight and think you might actually die?

The reason I ask is that it sounds like you're adding more strength work to your workouts, due to the short set duration and long rest periods between sets. This is actually going to hurt your calorie burns quite a lot, and while it probably will improve your explosive, athletic strength, it likely won't do much for increasing your calorie burn and improving your fitness.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I had to do the conversion - 10km/h is somewhere around a 9:40 mile. Aerobic intervals? Maybe. HIIT? No.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    HIIT is now on my list of words that I despise due to consistently being overly and incorrectly used...

Agreed completely. From past experience, I know that you know what you're talking about, so it does not surprise me to hear you say this.