Can I bank my exercise calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I am a little lighter and a lot shorter than you and my activity tracker gives me about 400 calories for a 3 mile walk. I also know I lose faster than my activity tracker and MFP estimates, so your burn sounds realistic to me.

You can bank calories from exercise or even from days you end up eating lighter. I track more by weekly average calories than daily and have had no issues losing weight as long as I log.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Just keep your data for 4-6 weeks and adjust as needed if your weight & calories in/out aren't matching up. This way you don't have to stress over what's "sedentary" and what's "lightly active." Your data will guide you.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much the reason I put lightly active as I watched a program that said you can undo all the good of a workout if you then do nothing else all day, I do a dog walk but then as I say sit for most of the time. this weekend will be my first eating back some calories since starting so I will work this way for about 4 weeks and see how I get on as most people say you need about 4 weeks of data to see how you are losing :smiley: