FASHIONISTAS ~ Using FASHION as motivation?

Options
1235»

Replies

• SallyKaPow
    SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vgetskinny wrote: »
    Vgetskinny wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is that if I hightail it to my closet as soon as I start feeling the need to nosh (munch snacks) in the evenings, I can start trying on clothes and the next thing I know, I have lost the desire to munch. It makes me feel so happy! And then instead of gaining or not losing, I get a little more inspiration when something almost fits, or even if it fits but is still a little tight. The trouble always is remembering this technique when brain sends me mindlessly into the kitchen to stare into fridge or pantry.

Any other fashion loving people find this to be true?

Oh boy, I needed this reminder today! Isn't it great to go back and read what you posted when you were feeling your most positive self!

I'm exactly the same - I have my goal outfit hanging on a mannequin next to my full length mirror - its a beautiful Isabel Marant dress and boots that I bought about 10 years ago and hasn't really fitted me since. I can fit in it now, but need to drop another 10lbs to do it justice :) I've got a few other things that are 'goal' items of clothing, that I leave hanging off the mirror, so every time I look in it, I'm reminded why I'm doing this.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have never been a fashionista, but since losing weight I have developed a new found joy in clothing. I mean, I’m still not all up on the styles, but it is actually fun browse and chat about clothes now.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »
    I have never been a fashionista, but since losing weight I have developed a new found joy in clothing. I mean, I’m still not all up on the styles, but it is actually fun browse and chat about clothes now.

I agree. I would love to know what everyone is wearing and enjoying these days.