Hammer and Chisel results ?

Options
Hey guys,

Just curious...
I am following Hammer and Chisel and I am liking it.
Last year I did Chalean Extreme and this fall I did Piyo.
I think Hammer and Chisel is right where I need to be right about now.
I have Body Beast in mind for after...

Anyway my question is for you guys. Anyone out there with results to share from a round or 2 of Hammer and CHisel ? Any opinion on Body Beast for us women...

I'd love to hear :)
Thanks !
Krys

My stats :smile:
44 year old woman
5'5''
SW 225
CW 166
GW 142 ish

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What results do you want? You get fitness results from nearly any exercise done consistently. You get weight loss results from maintaining a calorie deficit consistently.
    All results are relative to where you start rather than comparison to others.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    What results do you want? You get fitness results from nearly any exercise done consistently. You get weight loss results from maintaining a calorie deficit consistently.
    All results are relative to where you start rather than comparison to others.

I understand that.
    I'm only curious to hear other successes with a certain program, regardless of the type of result

:)
  • jayned9
    jayned9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost about 5 lbs (didn’t want to lose more and didn’t follow nutrition plan). My husband told me not to stop doing it. I definitely got more muscle definition. It’s my favorite bb program. I also plan on doing body beast after 80 day obsession.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I lost 70+ pounds over a decade ago and have kept it off.

I didn't do any organized exercise routines or classes. I mostly walk big hills around my area, or swim on occasion. Walking has been my main exercise. I do some stretching with resistance bands a couple times a week, too.

The weight loss is entirely due to my staying within my calories most of the time. There is still room for special occasions and treats - but most of the time I stay within my goals. I log my food. I know how many calories I eat every day. I know my protein and fat intake.
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    jayned9 wrote: »
    I lost about 5 lbs (didn’t want to lose more and didn’t follow nutrition plan). My husband told me not to stop doing it. I definitely got more muscle definition. It’s my favorite bb program. I also plan on doing body beast after 80 day obsession.

Nice ! I'm curious to hear your thoughts when comparing H&C to 80 Day Ob ...
    I lost 70+ pounds over a decade ago and have kept it off.

I didn't do any organized exercise routines or classes. I mostly walk big hills around my area, or swim on occasion. Walking has been my main exercise. I do some stretching with resistance bands a couple times a week, too.

The weight loss is entirely due to my staying within my calories most of the time. There is still room for special occasions and treats - but most of the time I stay within my goals. I log my food. I know how many calories I eat every day. I know my protein and fat intake.

That's great. Whatever works for us, right ! :)
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of H/C. At that point I was new to weights so by using the program I became acquainted. I found it pretty useful. I certainly didn't look like they claimed I would when it was done - but I wasn't (and still not) aiming towards that.

Could not stand the commercials involved in the discs - but that's with any of the Beachbody stuff. Never bothered with Shakeology or the container program - but I thought the routines offered some benefit.
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Neither am I. Aiming for those type of results. The idea is to get leaner, stronger version of me :)
    I am also thinking 2 rounds would be good before I switch to Body Beast...

Any thoughts out there ?

Those commercials are a bit much indeed ! lol And I don't spend my mony on Shakeology either.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I did P90x 30 and actually gained weight but probably because they made me super hungry and I started drinking protein shakes on top of my regular diet. I did notice I got stronger though. So I like their programs just be careful with your intake.
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    megs_1985 wrote: »
    I did P90x 30 and actually gained weight but probably because they made me super hungry and I started drinking protein shakes on top of my regular diet. I did notice I got stronger though. So I like their programs just be careful with your intake.

Thanks !
    P90x3 is one that I have in mind for the future too