MOTIV

Options
Has anyone tried the MOTIV Activity Ring? I am considering purchasing one and wanted to get some feedback. I read it is not as comprehensive as Fitbit and other trackers but am interested in tracking my heart rate. Is it compatible with other apps or do you have to use their proprietary app?

Thanks

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Someone else reported that they have one in another thread. That how I found out about it. Hopefully they'll respond here too.

It's currently only available for Apple users. I signed up to be notified when it's available for Android and voulunteered to be a beta tester.

Hope they pick me. Would like to use a tracker but after I stopped wearing watches, I don't want to put anything else on my wrist. A ring would be much better for me.

In the meantime, I'll just continue using the free apps on my phone.
  • NoMoreChubbyDad
    NoMoreChubbyDad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had a Motiv ring since mid-November. I really like mine. It does what I need it to do. It currently only works with Apple and it does not currently work with anything else. They will be adding third part apps soon according to them. That is their second priority next to Android Support. I find the sleep function to be pretty accurate. They recently added the ability to edit your sleep. They do have sleep patterns and RHR. Battery life is advertised as three days, which is pretty much true except if you are really active you might get two days. I have always had at least two days. Takes 90 minutes to fully charge. They send you to chargers and one is for a keyring. The ring will auto detect activities like running and walking, and there is a big selection of activities. They plan on adding a insert your own activity and to make the heart rate constant and on demand. Currently it samples until activity is detected and the HR will become constant. The website is interesting. It is at mymotiv dot com. I really do like it. It can scratch, but the black one seems to buff out decently and don't find it much of a problem. I have had great luck with support and they do seem to care. You can only reach them via email or social media, but they will get back to you. I like that you can swim in it and I don't have to wear it as a watch. I do recommend it. Might be a little pricey for what it is, but it is pretty amazing based on the size. They have had specials where you get 20 bucks off or more, so look for that. Send me a message, and I will try to answer your questions. I DO NOT work for them. I am just a happy user. I hope that this helps.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    When I saw the ring, my first thought was that I'd never use that as shown lifting weights.
    No that I have a Garmin Fenix 5X, I see no benefit to something like the Motiv.
    Being smaller than other trackers will certainly be appealing to some. There is no such thing as a one size fits all solution, unless one s a government bureaucrat. :D