Foreman Grill?

Options
onwarddownward
onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
Would you recommend the foreman grill? I'm seeing a lot of comments on here about it.

Replies

• c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    We have one (mostly because we don't have room for a regular grill at our apartment) but we really like it! I will say the flavor isn't always comparable to what you'd have on a standard grill but we haven't found a problem cooking anything with it. Even veggies :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A Foreman grill and liquid smoke makes for happy people :)
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had one for years and loved it. It finally died last week after many years of service. I'm getting a new one come payday.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Love mine - LOVE it. I don't think mine is the george brand. Mine has removable plates - that makes cleaning LOTS easier. Look for that feature. Otherwise, I can't live without it much of the time. Quick meat cook with little to no monitoring. Sometimes I cook all the meat for a week on it and be done with it. I do chicken, then beef, then wipe off and do fish. Then clean the whole mess up good. BOOM meat for a week.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I like grilling, but I'm not fond of turkey or bison burgers falling into the grill! They're expensive!
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Three words: George Foreman Paninis.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    The Foreman grill is definitely where its at!
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine to death. I probably use it 4-5 times a week, and turkey burgers work great! I agree that removable plates are a must - the first one I had didn't have removable ones and it was a pain to clean. It doesn't give quite the same cooking experience as a real grill, but I think it's awesome.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I like mine, cooks fast and even..
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Three words: George Foreman Paninis.

Oh yes. Best toasted sandwiches ever.
  • rogermccomb
    Options
    The Georgie is definitely a lazy man's must-have. When I'm working my eating plan as I should, I buy frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts from Costco. From my experience it usually takes about 6 to 7 minutes to cook the chicken breast and it comes out thoroughly cooked through and still juicy. I'll sprinkle Tony Chachero's (sp?) salt-free spice on both sides before I put the chicken breast on the grill and spray the grill with non-stick spray to make it easier to clean the spices off after I'm done cooking. As far as cleaning the grill, I have it sitting right next to the sink with the garbage disposal in it and I'll unplug the grill, spray it really quickly with some water then use a bristle brush to scrub the top and bottom plates clean then rinse a final time afterwards and push the grill aside to dry.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    LOVE my George!!! Mom bought us one for Christmas with the temp setting and removable plates(which are a must) and we absolutely love it. Everything comes out moist and perfectly done, every time!! Amazing!!!!
  • mrb2763
    mrb2763 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have really enjoyed my George!!!! It's fast , it's easy and the food is delicious. I don't think I have the veggies figured out. Any suggestions would love to hear.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I had a knock-off one, which was great but didn't last long. I got the Foreman grill and quite liked it, but it was too small (poor size choice). We are currently planning on replacing it with either another Foreman or a panini grill.

So yeah, I'd recommend it.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is a gimmick use a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill pan, and proper heat. the foreman grill is just commercially hyped junk trying to replicate what is done much better by simple cast iron.

as to the pressed sandwich you can use a 2nd cast iron or whats called a cast iron press

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-Cast-Iron-Press/13377930

Cast iron does everything better and can be used to cook thousands of dif cuisines and regional dishes as well fusion, it can go from stove top to broiler and oven to barbecue pit.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We have the Foreman with the 5 changeable grill plates and LOVE IT!!! we use it alot more in the winter months (I grill on the Weber gas grill every chance I get during the warmer months) We have worn out 2 other Foreman grills since we got this latest one.... Best of Luck
  • Firefighter208
    Options
    Would anyone recommend the ones with the variable temperature controls over the standard ones? I'm looking at getting one in the near future but can't decide which one to go with.
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    Would anyone recommend the ones with the variable temperature controls over the standard ones? I'm looking at getting one in the near future but can't decide which one to go with.

Yes get the one with the variable temp control.... different foods cook at the high temp setting better (brats) as to things like chicken breast that cooks great at medium high.......
  • Firefighter208
    Options

Yes get the one with the variable temp control.... different foods cook at the high temp setting better (brats) as to things like chicken breast that cooks great at medium high.......
    Thank you. I'm looking at them right now.
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    It is a gimmick use a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill pan, and proper heat. the foreman grill is just commercially hyped junk trying to replicate what is done much better by simple cast iron.

as to the pressed sandwich you can use a 2nd cast iron or whats called a cast iron press

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-Cast-Iron-Press/13377930

Cast iron does everything better and can be used to cook thousands of dif cuisines and regional dishes as well fusion, it can go from stove top to broiler and oven to barbecue pit.

Pretty good gimmick then.... Since it was introduced in 1994 ole George as sold over 100 million of his grills to the masses.. I am going to go out on a limb here and say they must be worth something to some people or they wouldn't have sold so many....