I'm new and just turned 53

Options
I don't have the motivation to go to the gym . Also my steps average around 4,000 . I don't work so there are no added steps lol . Also i hurt after 4 or 5 thousand steps. I have been tracking my food for almost a year. I also go to the Wharton Clinic . I take Saxanda. I also suffer from depression etc... and I take pills for that.
I'm here 1 because I just found you. 2nd any other ppl in the situation I would love to hear from on how they get their motivation . I've lost 32 lbs since Feb 14 2017.
Thanks for listening.

Replies

• curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can say that I have a lot of leg pain too. I’m not sure what you’ve mentioned, but my neuropathy is getting more severe. It’s hard. I’ve pushed it, but it wasn’t easy. Generally, building strength in my legs helped more than hurt. But my daily set standard is for 6000...which is lower than most, I guess. This is for non gym days. But it’s been a bad week, and I’ve only hit it once. I guess I can relate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have become happier, and more active, after I stopped thinking I had to go to the gym and walk a certain distance and be active a certain amount of minutes every day. All the "exercise" I get now, is from daily activity, it was enough to lose weight, and it is enough to maintain weight. Body pain is practially gone after I lost weight. The motivation I have now, is to weigh myself, move my body functionally and in ways I like it, and plan and cook and eat delicious, balanced meals, every day.