I need to lose 80pounds forever

Day one for me joining looking for encouragement I have 80 pounds to lose in 2018 and I don't want to battle obesity anymore looking for friends for motivation and support and any tips on how to be successful CW 245
Gw 165

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Welcome! Keep coming back here for support, motivation and to keep your goals a priority. Weigh food on a food scale to track accurately. Make small, achievable goals for yourself and acknowledge your hard work at losing each and every pound.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,328 Member
    edited January 2018
    I lost about 70 pounds in 2007 and I've kept it off.

Log. Food.

What I did was studied and learned from my food diary. I was also an emotional eater, so I started a food journal where I wrote down what I was feeling when I over-ate, what I ate, and how I felt afterwards - both physically and emotionally.

Then the other issues in my life became clearer and I started to find solutions.

Welcome to the site!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,519 Member
    Embrace the process. Become a relentless tracker. When you make goal, don’t stop.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you want to be successful,

don't have timelines for results you can't directly control. You lose weight when you consistently eat less, but 80 pounds in a year is not realistic.

don't look outside for motivation. Your motivation is your why and how - why you want to lose weight, and how you're actually going to do it.

don't look for tips - instead, get real information and learn how to distinguish truth from scams, and how to apply information to your own situation, preferences and style of learning/thinking.
  • nikkia198
    nikkia198 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you this is so helpful really will start reading books and seeking out more knowledge