Options
2»

Replies

• monica182
    monica182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    monica182 wrote: »
    I have a lying cheating Fitbit as well... this is what my settings look like to set my deficit. Am I going crazy or is this wrong? I have emailed Fitbit twice about it and they keep fobbing me off saying it uses the information I entered to select my goal. But I can't lose 2kgs a week with a 1000 cal daily deficit no matter what my stats are surely?!
    y1zb5envd6p5.png

Hmm, I would say it's not advisable to set such high deficit as 1000cal a day. I guess, depends on your stats. You can lose 4 lbs a week though, it's hard and very restrictive and therefore not likely to be sustainable, but doable. I don't think it's a Fitbits' flaw.

I'm referring to the math, I believe a 1000 cal deficit a day or 7000 cals over a week is equal to 2lbs loss not 2kg? Maybe I am reading it the wrong way but I thought 3500 calories equaled a pound, so eat 3500 cal surplus put on a pound, eat a 3500 deficit, lose a pound. If you look at their workings they are saying 3500 calorie deficit equals a 1kg loss not a pound. FWIW I'm not doing a 1000 calorie day deficit, just pointing out that all 4 calculations seem to be incorrect.

• monica182
    Options
    Also if I lost 1kg a week I would be at my goal at 15 jun 2018 (20kgs to go) whereas it shows in the pic that I would reach goal at this date losing 2kgs a week. Maybe I should uninstall the app and reinstall to see if it corrects it.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see what you're saying, try to uninstall and reinstall the app, I'm not sure how to correct it otherwise
  • monica182
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Oh, I see what you're saying, try to uninstall and reinstall the app, I'm not sure how to correct it otherwise

Will give it a go, hopefully I don't lose my data in the process!

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    monica182 wrote: »
    I have a lying cheating Fitbit as well... this is what my settings look like to set my deficit. Am I going crazy or is this wrong? I have emailed Fitbit twice about it and they keep fobbing me off saying it uses the information I entered to select my goal. But I can't lose 2kgs a week with a 1000 cal daily deficit no matter what my stats are surely?!
    y1zb5envd6p5.png

That would be correct if you switch the kg for a lb. A 250 cal deficit is to lose 0.5 lbs per week, which would be 0.25 kg, right? And a 1000 cal deficit would be 2 lbs per week, not 2 kgs. So yeah, that's just plain wrong. I set up my Fitbit years ago and have never seen that screen. Best I can guess is they are set up for lbs and the app is not converting to kgs correctly.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Strange