Ravenous after a good workout

Options
I've been taking circuit training classes at my gym - all slightly different but all *kitten* kickers.
Lots of jump squats, weighted lunges, push ups, KB swings, burpees plus treadmill, rower, high knees..... pouring sweat by the end.
Unfortunately I'm also RAVENOUS when I get home. I want to eat literally all the things.
I'm undoing all my good work by eating back 200% of my workout calories.

Any tips on controlling post-exercise appetite?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Veggies, the fibre really fills me. It's the next day for me that the hunger kicks in.

You could join us on the 800g a day challenge :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in#latest
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do similar workouts several times a week and have the same challenge. What works for me is a large protein smoothie made with lots of ice, protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, and frozen fruit. Just a word of caution, I usually plan for the calories so I'm not eating anything 'extra' for the day... I switch up the flavors so I don't get bored having the same snack.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Circuit training, longer bouts of cardio, will do this.

First recognize that its going to happen and plan your meals around it. What foods provide you with the most satiety? Volume foods, foods that contain protein, healthy fats and fiber and a carb source in one meal. Plan those meals out and if you have specific times where the hunger is at it worst plan to eat your meals at the time.

Sometimes you just have to stick to the calorie deficit and work through excess hunger. I think once you adapt to your exercise you will get used to it and know what you need to do to re-fuel properly.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep... I get very rungry...