Lost 6 lbs in a week... a bit concerned

So the last ten days for one meal I juice 300-400 calories of vegetables. I have nothing better to do this summer so I find myself working out twice a day approximately five days a week (2 days at the gym. If I cant make it then a walk around the block in the morning and a jog in the evening.) I have been eating at least 1200-1400 calories a day and I can burn like 700-1300 calories a day from just the workout. I drink almost 20 glasses of water a day and I try to consume 5-10 fruits and veggies a day. I also follow a vegan diet so a lot of my protein comes from rice protein shakes and organic soymilk. My sodium intake has been pretty low compared to the past (used to be like 5000 a day).

I am concerned that I am losing weight too fast and I don't want to have a relapse. I am not on a diet I eat pretty healthy and reach all of my dairy requirements. Does anyone know when this might slow down or what I should do to stop this rapid weight loss?

Replies

• mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    I think your hard work has paid off. I wouldn’t be too concerned with it at this point. It sounds like you’re doing the right things, and feeding your body efficiently and are just reaping the benefits of boredom and working out instead of eating. Good Job! How close to your goal weight are you?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Forty pounds away from my goal but I think I may want to do 120 as an ultimate goal.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I think you are fine. If you are putting in the work then you are burning calories. Im doing T25 and another workout 5 days a week as well on top of eating clean and I dropped 6lbs last week. I'm thankful because I know it will slow down. So don't be worried embrace it because the closer you get to your goal it will slow down.

Look at all those weight loss shows like biggest loser and extreme weight loss. They drop big numbers by working out hard and eating right..
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    It's probably in part from the sodium drop. You may want to consider eating more salt after a while as your body needs a certain amount of it to function and losing a bunch of water weight suggests that you might be taking in less than what's going out.
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Yes be happy. The plateau will come. You are amazing!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    I am really surprised that with a 12-1400 calorie diet you can eat so much fruit, shakes and most of all rice.
    400 calories from juiced veggies ten pieces of fruit ( maybe 750-800 calories) and protein shakes ( I figure anywhere from 200) and you haven't had any fat, protein ( apart from the shakes )......unless of course you eat on top of that your exercise calories.
    What you are describing ( eating a lot and losing ) was the first sign of diabetes of a good friend of mine. I don't want to be a spoil sport, but if you feel something is wrong, have it checked out. If you are ok....good luck to you !
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    sooooooo.......

you're netting -300 calories per day

you're "not on a diet"

you're working out twice per day

but you're concerned that you're losing too fast and you're not sure what to do?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    sooooooo.......

you're "not on a diet"

but you're concerned that you're losing too fast and you're not sure what to do?

^This. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    sooooooo.......

you're "not on a diet"

Yes, I'm confused as well.

But, to answer your question (I think), YES you are losing too quickly. Eat more and exercise less.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    sooooooo.......

you're "not on a diet"

But, to answer your question (I think), YES you are losing too quickly. Eat more and exercise less.

Math.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    So the last ten days for one meal I juice 300-400 calories of vegetables. I have nothing better to do this summer so I find myself working out twice a day approximately five days a week (2 days at the gym. If I cant make it then a walk around the block in the morning and a jog in the evening.) I have been eating at least 1200-1400 calories a day and I can burn like 700-1300 calories a day from just the workout. I drink almost 20 glasses of water a day and I try to consume 5-10 fruits and veggies a day. I also follow a vegan diet so a lot of my protein comes from rice protein shakes and organic soymilk. My sodium intake has been pretty low compared to the past (used to be like 5000 a day).

I am concerned that I am losing weight too fast and I don't want to have a relapse. I am not on a diet I eat pretty healthy and reach all of my dairy requirements. Does anyone know when this might slow down or what I should do to stop this rapid weight loss?

this read to me like ..

juicing something drastic
    +exercising something drastic
    +low cal-ing it something drastic
    +burning drastic calories
    +drinking water drastic
    +eliminating foods all drastic
    +sodium red herring = drastic weight loss!

what can I do to stop losing weight so drastically fast... change the sodium right? not change my drastic habits, right?

I get that you're bored but get a handle on things. All that is way too much of everything. Find a book on moderation or something. Read it obsessively until you are no longer obsessive about all these things. MODERATION. That is your new word for the day/month/year. MODERATION. Even in your actions, even in your cal cutting. You are suffering overall from the thinking of if some of this is good, MOAR of it is better. You are applying that thinking to every single thing in your diet to your own detriment.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member

this read to me like ..

+drinking water drastic

what can I do to stop losing weight so drastically fast... change the sodium right? not change my drastic habits, right?

I get that you're bored but get a handle on things. All that is way too much of everything. Find a book on moderation or something. Read it obsessively until you are no longer obsessive about all these things. MODERATION. That is your new word for the day/month/year. MODERATION. Even in your actions, even in your cal cutting. You are suffering overall from the thinking of if some of this is good, MOAR of it is better. You are applying that thinking to every single thing in your diet to your own detriment.

All of this...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    sooooooo.......

you're "not on a diet"

Math.
    All of the above
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Okay I just turned on fats in my diary to realize that I was not getting much. Just realized that I needed to increase fat and sodium and I will be okay. Thanks everyone!

/thread
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Okay I just turned on fats in my diary to realize that I was not getting much. Just realized that I needed to increase fat and sodium and I will be okay. Thanks everyone!

/thread

O.o

*facepalm* Best of luck OP.
  • paucoe
    paucoe Posts: 20 Member

this read to me like ..

+drinking water drastic

• paucoe
    paucoe Posts: 20 Member
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

/thread

i'm sure that will fix everything

/sarcasm
    this