• MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sorry, posted twice.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If bread makes your stomach balloon you could try gluten free bread. It's a bit pricey but I use Schar Gluten Free Wholesome Seeded Loaf or schar vitality loaf. 80 calories per slice.

Thank you for this, I could always buy one and freeze it. Never had an allergy to white flour, but lately it seems that white bread tends to make my stomach balloon.

Thanks for all the other suggestion, ideally all the ones that are under 100 calories will do (as long as they are wholemeal), right now it's just a matter to find a balance to find food that suits me and my daily calories intake.
    Thank you all again
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    Lidl sell a High Protein Bread Roll, 100 g, 268cal' with 9 gm carbs and 27 gm protein. It's triangular and is very filling.
  • jc1961AA
    Options
    Went to Iceland this morning and bought a loaf of Warburtons - Seeded Batch (85 calories per slice), that would do for now. I will check some of the other mentioned bread next time i go shopping to a bigger supermarket. Thank you
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    Was the Warburtons loaf 400 or 800gram?
  • AshDashLeigh2014
    AshDashLeigh2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like the aldi oat and barley loaf but it's still 115 call per slice
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    My current bread from Lidl (what's available in Aldi and Lidl is different everywhere in the UK) has 104kcal per slice. That's perfect for me as I get full from bread and not so much from what I put on top of it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jc1961AA wrote: »
    Um. Nothing wrong with bread? No need to feel guilty about it. I love granary and for 134 calories it's a reasonably sturdy slice so toast it, couple slices bacon, poached egg, delicious.

No nothing wrong with bread, but white bread make my stomach balloon, and my problem with bread is that i just love it. I have been known of eating a whole baguette on my own, and once i start i don't know when to stop. That's why i put it in the freezer because it does not make it so accessible. But even at 134 calories I would have 6 slices a day for example that's almost half my maximum calories intake, hence why i tried to cut it completely

That's easy to control then. I have two slices of bread toasted for breakfast, but won't look at it again until next day's breakfast.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Hovis have brought out a new enriched fibre granary that's only 67 cals from memory. I've ordered it for my next week's delivery as I've just discovered it was available. I normally go for the hovis original granary at 87 cals for a medium slice. Keeps fresh for days too. :smile:
  • MissyCHF
    Options
    I like seeded bread the most, especially M&S seeded bread but a slice weighs 100grams and 152calories. It is filling and yummy, spread with Lurpak butter. :smiley:
  • jc1961AA
    Options
    MissyCHF wrote: »
    Was the Warburtons loaf 400 or 800gram?

Not sure, I am not at home right now, but it was a small loaf, and the slide are pretty small compared to "normal" loaf
  • BlueRosie80
    BlueRosie80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vogel is nice bread :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Tescos do a rye bread, its new and I can't remember exactly what it was, but it is reasonable in size, taste and calories