Vegan/Vegetarian bodybuilders from the start

Options
I'm trying to follow bodybuilders (social media) who have been vegetarian/vegans from the start of their journey. I follow many who had accomplished their physique on a meat diet AND THEN transitioned to a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. A friend brought up the point that most bodybuilders who are vegan/vegetarian didn't get where they are without consuming meat.

Please leave names/instagram info if you can think of anyone!

Replies

• rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’ll be a 100% vegan body builder in a years time.

But seriously It’s true there are harldy any out there. Below I posted a link about someone that has done it and he has a fantastic physique.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9iNHSlK--k
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The problem I think would be protein and supplements. Many supplements people think they need are sourced from animal products. Just be sure to check if it’s vegan. Even stuff like a pre workout can have animal byproducts.

Some vegan protein sources can me low in amino acids. It’s easy to get around but you need to be aware. The other item is vegan proteins can be lower in efficiency than animal. So you would need to be a bit heavier in protein consumption. If I went vegan I would shoot for 1 gram per pound, not the .8 grams of lean body mass. This might not even be enough but it would be a starting point.

Hope you are able to find your way on it.