I don't have any control over the food I eat (not a lack of willpower)

Options
2»

Replies

• kellmorris48
    kellmorris48 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    weigh what you eat that way you can control your calories. You can get your nutritional facts from MFP. if you are having too much saturated fat for example, discuss with your MIL healthier options. Get out and walk more, that way you can earn extra calories,
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So why can’t you buy your own food? I know your living with your in-laws but what is stopping YOU from going to the store? Does you MIL make your breakfast and lunch for you too?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    So why can’t you buy your own food? I know your living with your in-laws but what is stopping YOU from going to the store? Does you MIL make your breakfast and lunch for you too?

You can certainly have more control over your food intake than you think. Good points above about breakfast and lunch. If your dinners tend to be calorie heavy, then balance it with lighter breakfasts and lunches while you are at work.

Just because there is bread on the table does not mean you have to eat it. You can skip the bread (I consider most bread empty calories...very little nutritional value for me compared to the number of calories) and eat an extra portion of veggies. Buy some fruit like strawberries or blueberries (even if they're not in season..they are high in fiber and nutrition and low in calories) to snack on at night. Baby carrots and celery sticks. Surely they won't be offended if you bring in your own healthy options to have?

Eat less at the dinner table and fill up more on healthy snack / lunch / breakfast options. It really isn't that hard. Just takes a little thoughtfulness and creativity.