UNDERWEIGHT female looking to gain!!!

Options
Hey friends:)
A underweight girl just looking for some weight gaining advice:)

High calorie meal/snack ideas?
Powerlifting advice for beginners?
Tips and tricks for gaining muscle weight?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Take a read of the stickied threads at the top of this section of the forum - in particular the one with the link about training programs, as you'll want to find a progressive lifting program to follow.
    Lifting, whilst eating at a small calorie surplus will enable you to grow muscle without a lot of excess fat. You will inevitably put fat on too, which may be healthy for you, but I wouldn't recommend putting weight on too quickly as you may end up fatter than you need to be!

Consume all your cals, and follow your training program - be consistent and persistent, and you will get results!

If you struggle to eat enough, you'll benefit from finding the thread with lists of calorie dense foods. Pre planning your food may be a good idea so you know you are getting enough in over the day - eat lots of snacks, drink calories between meals
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Read those links that these people have provided you. Of course, although you want to gain weight, make sure it's not at a fast pace or else you will gain fat. As for food, it's hard to give you meal advices because we don't know your likes or dislikes, you may be vegan or some person who does keto or maybe someone like me who eats anything as long it fits my macros.
  • SimonNTaylor
    SimonNTaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite high calorie snacks usually involve peanut butter :P But basically you're looking to include more calorie-dense foods in your diet i.e fatty foots and carbs. To gain weight, you need to work out how many calories your body requires, then increase that by about 250/500 depending on how quickly you want to gain. This can be done using the MyFitnessPal App.

As for lifting, you want to focus on compound movements with heavy weight and low reps. But being with low weight and steadily work your way up to heavy weight while ensuring your maintain form.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The diet has been discussed but as for the lifting part, do you have a powerlifting program yet? If not the first place to start would be to do some research on proper lifting technique then find a good program.