1st week Haven't lost anything?

Options
Its my 1st week back in a while and I have been really strict with calories.. being well under most days.
Weighed in this morning and haven't lost a single pound!!!
I'm so disappointed.
Anyone else have this?

Replies

• fullofdreams84
    fullofdreams84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes it's due to be Tom so maybe it's that. Will keep at it.. and probably need to drink more. As was only having about 4 cups a day
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Be patient
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    And don't under-eat. Stress on your body is likely to cause extra water-weight weirdness, and can make it tough to stay consistent (not to mention strong and healthy). Eat to your calorie goal, if you used MFP to calculate it: Weight loss is figured into it. Nutrition is important - granny says! ;)
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    luke5068 wrote: »
    Hang in there scale don’t always tell the truth

You need to buy some new ones...

• xnschmidtx
    xnschmidtx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep hanging in there. It took me about a week to start seeing results and really two weeks to start seeing significant results. Also, weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs on an average day, so keep your weigh ins consistent and note the time. I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning pre-workout undressed to sync my true weight to my watch to try to keep my read outs as accurate as possible. I’ve seen my weight go up as much as 4 lbs at the end of the day following a day’s worth of meals, liquids, etc. after a night’s sleep, I’m back where I should be. It’s pretty crazy how that happens. Also, for the fairer sex, depending on what time of the month…there’s that, so keep chipping away and don’t get discouraged. Doing something…anything…is better than nothing. Good luck!
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how often you weigh in. If you’re doing it once a week like many people, you may have caught it at an up time. If you can handle it emotionally, it’s much more accurate to weigh at the same time every morning after you go to the bathroom and with the same amount of clothes on. Track the scale results each day but emotionally disconnect from it. At weeks end, add them all up and divide by 7 to get the average per day. Use this to track trends and evaluate if you have your calories correct. But don’t make any changes to your plan until you’ve tracked at least two weeks. I use a couple apps for this but the weight tracker on MFP works well and has a nice trend line.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Its my 1st week back in a while and I have been really strict with calories.. being well under most days.
    Weighed in this morning and haven't lost a single pound!!!
    I'm so disappointed.
    Anyone else have this?

Keep at it. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to notice even the smallest change. It also depends on how much you need to lose, those who have more to lose seem to drop weight faster in the beginning. Exercise can play a part in your body retaining water. Also, your body is doing a lot of things itself that aren't even related to your fitness goals so fluctuations in weight will happen just on it's own. Hang in there! Over time you will see and feel a difference.
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you have calipers or a body tape you would no that scale don’t always tell the truth

You're talking about two entirely different things and in doing so spreading misinformation.
  • luke5068
    luke5068 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That’s why it says or getting to the point scale don’t always tell the truth
    Take your negativity somewhere else nobody needs it

If you have calipers or a body tape you would no that scale don’t always tell the truth

You're talking about two entirely different things and in doing so spreading misinformation.

• kimberlystans
    kimberlystans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged too quickly. Many factors play a roll in weight loss. You may be in a plateau. :)
  • amberhayx
    amberhayx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don’t lose faith I weigh in every 2 weeks to keep my mind from going crazy
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Give it some time...4 weeks will let you see true progress.
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It also takes maturity to realize that if you’re doing what you’re suppose to be doing and eating correctly, the results will come regardless of what the scale says.
  • fullofdreams84
    fullofdreams84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement..here's to another good week and hopefully a loss :) Thanks again
  • heyfelli
    heyfelli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    me too... Week one... i weighed myself this morn and i was just a lil up in the scales!!! I refused to accept it. i waited a bit , sent my kids to school and went for a poo (lol.. too much info.. i know :smiley: ) and then i weighed myself again.... WADDYA KNOW!!! my weight came back down to the same as last week and i was actually relieved! LOL

AT LEAST I HAVENT GAINED. I HAVE 14 kilos = 30 pounds to reach my ultimate goal!