Weight loss after baby!

Options
I'm 5ft 2in tall. Before my baby was born I was a small weight of 104lbs. During pregnancy I gained and gained and I am now at the heaviest I've ever been. I'm currently 148lbs which on my small frame looks huge. Looking for support as I try to lose 30lbs. Any advice on post baby weight loss is extremely welcome.

Replies

• amyroselipinski
    amyroselipinski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had a baby last February and I know the feeling. I was 155lbs pre pregnancy (I'm 5'8"), and was super fit, during pregnancy I hit 200lbs. The weight has been coming off slowly over the last year, but I've found that watching my diet, mainly making sure I get a good ratio of fat, protein, and carbs in my diet, has been the most helpful. Just recently started getting active again, and that has been helping too, I find when I'm active I feel more motivated to eat better.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just using MFP and sticking to my calorie goal, and exercising at home during baby's naptime helped me lose the weight after I had each of my kids. 30 Day Shred is what I started out with after my first because it's only about 25 minutes for a full body workout, so it fit perfectly for nap schedules. Sticking to calorie goal helped the most though!

(I don't have any advice if you're still breastfeeding, but I know there are plenty of women on here who have breastfed and can help)
  • Makingchanges17
    Makingchanges17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in here and give my support! I'm a first time mom and just had my son in mid December and looking at getting back to where I started as well! I started off at 105 and 5'6 and gained to 133 Which is the biggest I've been as well. Totally understanding your frustration and feelings. Just wanted to say you're not alone and I'm here for support! You've got this! Breastfeeding hasn't seemed to aid in weight loss like I had hoped either :/. I've been trying to incorporate small exercises during the day during the short breaks where I'm not attached to a couch with my son attached to me lol. Hoping the breaks become more frequent!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in here and give my support! I'm a first time mom and just had my son in mid December and looking at getting back to where I started as well! I started off at 105 and 5'6 and gained to 133 Which is the biggest I've been as well. Totally understanding your frustration and feelings. Just wanted to say you're not alone and I'm here for support! You've got this! Breastfeeding hasn't seemed to aid in weight loss like I had hoped either :/. I've been trying to incorporate small exercises during the day during the short breaks where I'm not attached to a couch with my son attached to me lol. Hoping the breaks become more frequent!

1. Your original weight put you as underweight. Even pre-birth is the middle of a healthy range for you.
    2. You just gave birth a month ago. Let your body recover some more before you worry about weight loss and exercise.