Nipping it

Options
Just want to intro myself. My name is Nathan and after years of slowly gaining weight and hating how clothes fit, I’ve gotten to the point where I’m getting late into my thirties and things aren’t getting any easier, so I’m using MyFitnessPal and my Apple Watch to get some weight off.

My brother is getting married this May in Hawaii and I don’t want to be the belly on the beach. After seeing myself in pics change through our travels over the last few years, I’m getting more serious about diet. I’ve always worked out with some consistency having been in athletics playing sports as well as skateboarding/etc in my youth, but I’ve come to the conclusion that diet is probably a bit more important, especially as I’m aging and my metabolism has slowed a bit.

I typically don’t eat a lot of junk, but it’s my portions that have been a bit outta control. So far, I’ve lost around 10 lbs from my starting weight of 255 and I’m beginning to feel pretty psyched about my journey to a healthier me.

It’s amazing how quickly calories add up, and MFP has been a HUGE help in visualizing this.

I try to do some workout daily or at least 5x a week. I had primarily been lifting weights but am now rotating strength workouts with runs around 3-4 miles.