Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Other 5’8”-5’11” women... looking for friends and to hear your goals

Options
1235»

Replies

• TamraMarie93
    TamraMarie93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Excited and hopeful to make some friends. <3 I'm 24 years old with a 1.5 year old little girl & I do keto and calorie counting. I started working off my weight on May 20th 2017.

I'm 5'8"
    SW: 268
    CW: 186
    GW: 145

I'm pretty flexible with my goal weight though. Honesty I'd be thrilled just to make it under 160. It's one of those things where I have to wait and see, I'm starting strength training so that will have an impact on how my clothes fit.

I'd really love to wear a M top and size 8 pants some day! o:)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". Currently 165lbs. Ultimate goal is 150 but I don't care about that too much right now. I lift weights 2 to 3 times a week, walk my dog and ride bikes or even jog if the weather is nice.
  • dooopdeb
    dooopdeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height makes a big difference as does age. I'm 5'10 and have to say I was blessed with an amazing metabolism UNTIL I hit 40 then things slowed down and now that I'm 57 I am really seeing the difference. I weighed 120 in my 20's 130 in my 30's and since my late 40's I've hovered around 160-178. Even at this weight most people say I look thin but clothes don't fit the way I would like. I'm looking forward to a goal of 150ish
  • getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Started at 261 and am now at 216. Don't have a goal weight anymore because I'm sitting at 20 percent body fat, but my current goal is to get between 14-16 percent body fat. Anyone on here can feel free to add me.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8. Started at 254.6, currently at 173-174 (tom this week), goal weight of 165. I life weights 4-6 times a week and do cardio after I lift. I look pretty good at 168. I'm surprised at some of the low numbers for goals at the heights listed. I might reassess when I get there. Comfortable size 8 is my goal and I was there at 170-171 last year. Some of my size 10's are a bit loose now. Would like to be 160-165, 25% bf. I want to look healthy, curvy and fit, not particularly thin.
  • marygauerke211
    marygauerke211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am 5'10 and currently 154 (size 8) I am lucky I have never had a "real" weight issue I just realize as I get older I need to increase my strength and watch my carb and sugar intake. This app I hope will help with that. I am a mom of two and I am thankful to have healthy eating habits to keep all things in check. I love that there is a tall gals group!
  • OsageStrong
    OsageStrong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all! I’m a Newbie on here and I’m just getting started. I’m 5’9 and I’m currently at 286 working towards a goal of 200. So far so good, but it’s a complete lifestyle change. Gosh, our sizes are all so varied and don’t correlate with our body types at all. I wear size 18 jeans and a 2xl top. Anyhow, any suggestions/awesome suggestions for core strengthening? I’m partially-devastated by planking activities. ;)
  • theoesque
    theoesque Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey ladies! 5'8", currently 175ish looking to get below 160 - exact weight doesn't matter as much because I'm trying to build more muscle, so my main focus is to get to get below 25% body fat, whatever that means weight wise. My goals are largely core and leg strength, balance, and flexibility so I can keep growing as a dancer!

I'm a medium in tops and a 10 in dresses/10 long in jeans (usually...you know how jeans are lmao). I'd love to be a solid size 8, though!
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It appears I'm one of the shorter ladies here at 5'8 and 165 down from SW of 170 3 weeks ago, with GW of 145. My challenge is not healthy eating, I have not eaten red meat in 30 years and I don't have a sweet tooth. Gave up wine on weekdays which is harder than it should have been, but I love fruits, veg and walking. My challenges now are menopause and a very heavy travel schedule. I spend more than half my time on the road, staying in hotels with sub-par workout facilities and restaurant food. It is really difficult to track eating. Any tips for Road Warriors would be appreciated.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,081 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 255lbs, currently 220lbs (UK 18 on bottom thanks to wide set hips and UK 14-16 on top thanks to the boobs) and already have a healthy range waist to hip ratio, aiming initially for 185lbs then will recomp if necessary beyond that until I am happy with my weight/body fat. I started out logging properly in Dec 2016.

I am taking the slow and steady approach I've made my peace with it taking time, I haven't given anything up except overeating. I am now losing at 1-1.5lbs per week, I've taken a couple of maintenance breaks and I feel fairly confident that I can make this a permanent lifestyle change.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5'8 currently at 175 jean size 10-11 shirt size large-xl, mini goal is 163 and my main goal is 150. I am trying to stay consistent with weight lifting. Took a break over the holidays and having a hard time getting back on track. I skip the gym on days that I know I am going snowboarding. I have a stepper at home and some small hand weights between 3.3lbs up to 10 so when i am watching tv I try and use the stepper as much as I can, even though the pets stare at me like I have gone crazy.