Other 5’8”-5’11” women... looking for friends and to hear your goals

Options
1235»

Replies

• TamraMarie93
    TamraMarie93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Excited and hopeful to make some friends. <3 I'm 24 years old with a 1.5 year old little girl & I do keto and calorie counting. I started working off my weight on May 20th 2017.

I'm 5'8"
    SW: 268
    CW: 186
    GW: 145

I'm pretty flexible with my goal weight though. Honesty I'd be thrilled just to make it under 160. It's one of those things where I have to wait and see, I'm starting strength training so that will have an impact on how my clothes fit.

I'd really love to wear a M top and size 8 pants some day! o:)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". Currently 165lbs. Ultimate goal is 150 but I don't care about that too much right now. I lift weights 2 to 3 times a week, walk my dog and ride bikes or even jog if the weather is nice.
  • dooopdeb
    dooopdeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height makes a big difference as does age. I'm 5'10 and have to say I was blessed with an amazing metabolism UNTIL I hit 40 then things slowed down and now that I'm 57 I am really seeing the difference. I weighed 120 in my 20's 130 in my 30's and since my late 40's I've hovered around 160-178. Even at this weight most people say I look thin but clothes don't fit the way I would like. I'm looking forward to a goal of 150ish
  • getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Started at 261 and am now at 216. Don't have a goal weight anymore because I'm sitting at 20 percent body fat, but my current goal is to get between 14-16 percent body fat. Anyone on here can feel free to add me.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8. Started at 254.6, currently at 173-174 (tom this week), goal weight of 165. I life weights 4-6 times a week and do cardio after I lift. I look pretty good at 168. I'm surprised at some of the low numbers for goals at the heights listed. I might reassess when I get there. Comfortable size 8 is my goal and I was there at 170-171 last year. Some of my size 10's are a bit loose now. Would like to be 160-165, 25% bf. I want to look healthy, curvy and fit, not particularly thin.
  • marygauerke211
    marygauerke211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am 5'10 and currently 154 (size 8) I am lucky I have never had a "real" weight issue I just realize as I get older I need to increase my strength and watch my carb and sugar intake. This app I hope will help with that. I am a mom of two and I am thankful to have healthy eating habits to keep all things in check. I love that there is a tall gals group!
  • OsageStrong
    OsageStrong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all! I’m a Newbie on here and I’m just getting started. I’m 5’9 and I’m currently at 286 working towards a goal of 200. So far so good, but it’s a complete lifestyle change. Gosh, our sizes are all so varied and don’t correlate with our body types at all. I wear size 18 jeans and a 2xl top. Anyhow, any suggestions/awesome suggestions for core strengthening? I’m partially-devastated by planking activities. ;)
  • theoesque
    theoesque Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey ladies! 5'8", currently 175ish looking to get below 160 - exact weight doesn't matter as much because I'm trying to build more muscle, so my main focus is to get to get below 25% body fat, whatever that means weight wise. My goals are largely core and leg strength, balance, and flexibility so I can keep growing as a dancer!

I'm a medium in tops and a 10 in dresses/10 long in jeans (usually...you know how jeans are lmao). I'd love to be a solid size 8, though!
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It appears I'm one of the shorter ladies here at 5'8 and 165 down from SW of 170 3 weeks ago, with GW of 145. My challenge is not healthy eating, I have not eaten red meat in 30 years and I don't have a sweet tooth. Gave up wine on weekdays which is harder than it should have been, but I love fruits, veg and walking. My challenges now are menopause and a very heavy travel schedule. I spend more than half my time on the road, staying in hotels with sub-par workout facilities and restaurant food. It is really difficult to track eating. Any tips for Road Warriors would be appreciated.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 255lbs, currently 220lbs (UK 18 on bottom thanks to wide set hips and UK 14-16 on top thanks to the boobs) and already have a healthy range waist to hip ratio, aiming initially for 185lbs then will recomp if necessary beyond that until I am happy with my weight/body fat. I started out logging properly in Dec 2016.

I am taking the slow and steady approach I've made my peace with it taking time, I haven't given anything up except overeating. I am now losing at 1-1.5lbs per week, I've taken a couple of maintenance breaks and I feel fairly confident that I can make this a permanent lifestyle change.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5'8 currently at 175 jean size 10-11 shirt size large-xl, mini goal is 163 and my main goal is 150. I am trying to stay consistent with weight lifting. Took a break over the holidays and having a hard time getting back on track. I skip the gym on days that I know I am going snowboarding. I have a stepper at home and some small hand weights between 3.3lbs up to 10 so when i am watching tv I try and use the stepper as much as I can, even though the pets stare at me like I have gone crazy.