Hospital Inspired Diet

Options
Had a Crohn's flare and ended up in the hospital - trying to avoid another surgery. Two days fast, one day of water and ice chips - today's clear liquid diet seems like a feast. Cup of chicken broth, 4 oz apple juice and 4 oz jello. I see this as a new beginning. A 1200 calorie a day menu seems less sacrificial now.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    on the downside, the broth, apple juice and jello is probably the BEST of the hospital food you'll eat ..... lololol
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Augh, that diet is the worst, but it does make you appreciate what you can eat after. Apple sauce is another staple lol. And I agree on the lavender oil, except I like to smell it fore relaxation. A heating pad on the stomach works wonders.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    yep
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I think the worst hospital food I had was the raisin bran for breakfast when they forgot to give me a spoon. Also they gave me the diabetic meal plan and given I didn't have a placenta screwing things up anymore (and instead a tiny sleep-robber hanging out with me) I had been hoping for carby goodness.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    People should not be recommending lavender oil without also detailing the proper way to ingest it, if at all. That being said ginger is far better for the stomach.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    People should not be recommending lavender oil without also detailing the proper way to ingest it, if at all. That being said ginger is far better for the stomach.

Except they are suggesting to rub it into their tummies, not ingest it ;)
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I hope you are on the mend soon, hugs
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Lavender oil literally burns my skin if it comes anywhere close to it, even with plenty of carrier.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

Again, should be noted just how to do that. A lot of people don't automatically know a.)such requires a carrier oil, and b.) what that ratio should be.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Again, should be noted just how to do that. A lot of people don't automatically know a.)such requires a carrier oil, and b.) what that ratio should be.

Yeah, I learned long ago not to touch any EO without a carrier oil. Smelling it through a diffuser tube was different (for me anyway), and it helped a ton during hospital stays and long drives to Mayo when I experienced discomfort/nausea. It's always better to be safe than Sorry, and ask medical staff if they have anything on hand.