How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Usually every day but I do find it frustrating and baffling and makes me obsess about the number. I am trying to do it once a week but old habits are hard to stop.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Everyday ... .first thing in the morning, naked, after going to the bathroom. It doesn't effect my mood, but may change my food consumption for the day. Track weight in Libra and look at the trend.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Daily though I only record weekly... I don't mind the fluctuations, but pay attention to historical changes, though getting down to the next middle-digit down does thrill me.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings unless I've already eaten or had a drink.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but now it's too cold to undress in the morning to weigh myself properly. So I'm in the "close enough" weighing phase right now. :)
  • Archaeologicals
    Archaeologicals Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not often—maybe once per month. My relationship with the scale has been historically disordered, and daily weigh-ins took a massive toll on my mental health. Plus, it’s nice to see 5+lb drops over a longer period of time as opposed to the anxiety over 0.23lb gains over a daily or weekly basis. I’m primarily concerned with how my clothes fit, and that’s my number one indicator.
  • SportyKirsty
    SportyKirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    twice a month
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single day, in the morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I get dressed. I track it using Libra (HappyScale is iPhone only I think.) Every Monday I record it in MFP.

Weighing daily actually helps keep me very accountable. I do not get "down" by a higher reading than I expect - I usually figure out it's either water weight, or maybe I ate too much last week and it caught up with me, or I haven't digested last night's supper yet. LOL.
  • ASigMarai
    ASigMarai Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning when I wake. I was 218 and when I went to the gym and worked out, I was 216. I guess I was bloated lol
  • dawncir
    dawncir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Mondays. I used to obsess with the scale, but the moment I saw it go up too much I'd throw my hands up in defeat and binge eat. Since I've cut it down, the binge eating has pretty much ceased.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mondays and thursdays only. Any more than twice a week and I get a little too tied up in daily fluctuations.
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Everyday. If I don’t I get a little restless. It’s hard to not get down on myself when the numbers have gone up, so it’s negative motivation to stick to the calorie limit.
  • joelchmielak1
    joelchmielak1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the morning and evening. I am trying to find trends in my weight fluctuations.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    every morning and night. I like data. I like to see what certain food choices do to my weight at the end of the day. and I like to see on average how much my weight moves over night (currently 2-4 lbs is the norm)

Like I said, I like data so I track it using a spreadsheet and a trending app and don't let the fluctuations bug me at all.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    I get too obsessed with weighing every day, but I also get very curious. If I'm "feeling small" I get on randomly some mornings, but I only record the weight on Friday mornings. I do it Friday because I tend to eat a little worse on the weekends and don't want any beer or high-sodium foods to impact my numbers.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    every morning at exactly 7am Pacific Time.