Whose bulking right now??

Options
Anyone trying to feed the muscle? Finding it hard to get in those calories? I'm at 3,200 on rest days and 3400 on work out days, I'm eating basically every 1-2 hours. It's exhausting! Anyone else having difficulty or know what its like to stuff your face all day every day??

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea eating so much can be a pain sometimes. I really limit my cardio and NEAT so it helps
  • GainsLevelIncreased
    GainsLevelIncreased Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not too exhausting for me, I eat every 2 to 3 hours... 4-6 meals a day.. For the most part I keep it pretty simple, most exhausting part is going food shopping every week
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I only get 2400 cals right now on my bulk and I'm hungry all the time. Very jealous that you get more. I could easily eat 3400 every day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am a short person I don't get 3000+. I am thinking my bulking goals in the future are to be able to eat that amount plus. I sure do love eating in a bulk.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a short person I don't get 3000+. I am thinking my bulking goals in the future are to be able to eat that amount plus. I sure do love eating in a bulk.

Oooohhh...new goal!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Oooohhh...new goal!

I will be me one day.. its attainable. lol
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I only get 2400 cals right now on my bulk and I'm hungry all the time. Very jealous that you get more. I could easily eat 3400 every day.

Why not up the cals then?
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

Why not up the cals then?

Because I'm not interested in gaining more fat than necessary.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    3400 here at 5-9 178 (started 168 in Sept). my NEAT is pretty high with an infant and toddler but I feel like I could eat 4500 easy
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I did by accident. Luckily I was training like an animal so we'll see.
  • 99JT
    99JT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    3750-4000 here need to up it to 4000-4250 this week. It seems easy at first but after a while it gets difficult to pack it all in then it comes time to cut and I feel like a starving kid from Africa at 3250-3500.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Anyone trying to feed the muscle? Finding it hard to get in those calories? I'm at 3,200 on rest days and 3400 on work out days, I'm eating basically every 1-2 hours. It's exhausting! Anyone else having difficulty or know what its like to stuff your face all day every day??

Just start bulking last week again. Want to do a slow bulk throughout the year. At the moment not finding it too bad eating all the foods but when (not if) I start increasing the calories more, will probably feel like this.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Up to 270 lbs right now. Wondering when to start the cut or how long to let the feast go on. lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I just got done with a 4 month bulk. I don't find eating exhausting. I would bulk all year long if I could
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    99JT wrote: »
    3750-4000 here need to up it to 4000-4250 this week. It seems easy at first but after a while it gets difficult to pack it all in then it comes time to cut and I feel like a starving kid from Africa at 3250-3500.

This is how I feel. The more you get to eat during a bulk, the harder it is to cut. I used to eat 1300-1600 calories and it was manageable. Now, I find it hard to eat less than 2100. ugh
  • Davidsdottir
    Options

This is how I feel. The more you get to eat during a bulk, the harder it is to cut. I used to eat 1300-1600 calories and it was manageable. Now, I find it hard to eat less than 2100. ugh

I agree. Cutting at 2000 makes me sad.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

I'm trying to do everything slow and gradual now. For me, I don't mind being on the bigger side so if it means I'm bigger for awhile while cutting slowly so be it. I was doing the bulk quick and cut quick, but only ended the same size I started out essentially. In fact I will probably just maintain once I get too big for my frame.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I'm trying to do everything slow and gradual now. For me, I don't mind being on the bigger side so if it means I'm bigger for awhile while cutting slowly so be it. I was doing the bulk quick and cut quick, but only ended the same size I started out essentially. In fact I will probably just maintain once I get too big for my frame.

I am thinking of doing that too myself. I figure, I'll cut starting in April (because I want to look lean for september when I travel), but after that, I will be bulking and maintaining once I reach a heavy weight that I like.