Need spoonie friends

Options
Archcurl
Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
Hi guys,
I’m looking for some friends with disabilities so we can support and motivate each other. I have chronic pain, ME and ibs. Hopefully we will motivate each other soon!

Replies

• LadyDeadpool30
    LadyDeadpool30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have chronic migraines as well as currently undiagnosed widespread pain. My sis who works out with me has Fibro, MS, Osteoporosis, AND Osteoarthritis. She's also partially paralyzed in 1 leg so confined to a wheelchair.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have Crohn's disease, inflammatory arthritis secondary to Crohn's, and Interstitial Cystitis. I'm very lucky to be in remission for most of that, but I'm still facing a ton of challenges when it comes to both diet and exercise, and I'd love to have more spoonie friends.
  • alcc23
    alcc23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Feel free to add me. I have fibro and chronic migraines. I am struggling big time with the exercise part as I don't really know my limits. I feel great when I am working out, but then suffer for several days after. As for eating, I am trying to work on portion control. I know that losing weight will help with this and need motivation!
  • xKay51x
    xKay51x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m not yet diagnosed (just got the appointment for a neurologist after seeing the Rheumatologist this week), but I’ve dealt with chronic pain, brain fog, muscle weakness, and fatigue for the last year and a half. My biggest struggle with exercise is that my heart rate gets too high very easily, so I’m limited to yoga and stretching at this point. As for food, I often don’t have an appetite or forget to eat so my biggest challenge is eating enough each day! I try to control my symptoms/flare ups with a gluten/grain/dairy/refined sugar free diet, so that’s an extra challenge.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's Disease and an ileostomy. I would love some motivation.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's with an ileostomy as well, gastroparesis, bipolar and gad plus chronic pain
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Ulcerative colitis here, and lots of extra pounds from 8 months of pred last year, 6 months of pred the year before, and 6 months of pred the year before that. I also have boring old osteoarthritis in hips, spine and knees.
  • amberpsalm23
    amberpsalm23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have chronic Lyme complex, Epstein Barr virus, & Hashimotos thyroiditis. I struggle mostly with brain fog, fatigue, joint pain, especially my lower back, neck & shoulders. I've developed a fitness program that works for me using a combo of pilates, restorative exercise, z-health performance, rebounding, walking, stretching, nutrition, and getting outdoors as much as possible (hard to do in Wis winters). I still have a long way to go to get back where i was fitness-wise but this has been helping me tremendously with my symptoms. Glad i found this thread. Nice to meet you all & hope we can connect!
  • mahlelynn
    mahlelynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi i have elhors danlos syndrome, still finding type but its most likely hypermobile.. trying to get healthy to lessen my joint pains so i can be able to do more things :s would love to some help