Stuck!!

I have lost 17.2 pounds in 10 weeks. I am 5 ft tall.
SW: 161.6
CW: 144.4
GW: 127 (it is 120 afterwards)
I have been eating 1200 calories. Have not been able to lose any since last week. What would you guys suggest? Thanks :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Be patient. It's only been a week and weight loss isn't linear.
  • ayshakool
    ayshakool Posts: 16 Member
    Well, is there a thing that I could do to trick the metabolism? How would it go? I will lose a pound in a day after few weeks? How long should I expect it to be stubborn? Thanks a bunch
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Your metabolism doesn't need/can't be tricked. There could be a number of reasons why you didn't lose...excess sodium/carb intake in the past few days, new/increased exercise, hormones (especially those related to your menstrual cycle). Give it time and make sure your logging is as accurate as possible. If you don't lose in another couple weeks, then you'll need to tighten something up.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    phc0sgwncps6.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    That you've been losing weight fast given your body weight (faster than 1% a week as opposed to losing somewhere between 0.5 and 1% of the week) and that at some point of time as your excess fat reduces this will start catching up with you?

The less excess fat you have the more likely that your weight loss will include more non-fat mass lost and the more likely that your losses will start coming in spurts if you continue to maintain a high deficit.

And last but not least weight loss is not linear :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    You've lost a good amount of weight in not very much time, it will slow off a little. Be patient, keep doing what you're doing and loss will happen.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    edited January 2018
    Now that you're closer to goal, the weight loss will slow. By the time you get to those last few pounds, they are the hardest to get off. Your maintenance calories are lower so you deficit is smaller. Be patient, be precise in your counting and they will come off.

The slower weight loss near the end is good. Let your body adjust to the new you so it's more likely to stay there.