Apple Cider Vinegar for weight Loss

Options
Ive heard alot about apple cider vinegar to aid in weight loss.. Opinions..? ive read about it like how its supposed to work but i didnt really get it. Opinions.. facts..?

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    No opinons needed. Its complete made up garbage that has been debunked for decades. If you like the taste for salad dressing or BBQ its not much different than any other food.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    For weeks at a time, I drink ACV daily. For weeks at a time, I don't. When tracking calories meticulously throughout both regimens, I see zero difference in weight loss. Zip. Nada. None. No effect on appetite, either.

Obviously, my reasons for drinking it don't have anything to do with weight management. ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it doesnt do anything other than taste horrible
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ive heard alot about apple cider vinegar to aid in weight loss.. Opinions..? ive read about it like how its supposed to work but i didnt really get it. Opinions.. facts..?

nope
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ACV -- like any good quality vinegar you like -- can help make food taste good without adding significant calories, so that's a reason I really like and find helpful vinegars.

It might help with some medical issues (like IR) used in conjunction with other helpful good sense things, like not eating a bunch of refined carbs on their own.

Some say it helps with acid reflux, I've heard contradicting stuff on that, but it might.

What it won't do is counteract how many calories you are eating. So if you actually want to lose weight, find a way to control your calories (logging is IMO a good and educational way, but there are others if for some reason you don't want to log). Drinking ACV will not magically cause weight loss. If there were any magical solution like that, people would know about it and the obesity epidemic would have been cured, yay.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Whenever you hear about some miracle weight loss product, you can pretty much guarantee it's bogus.

I'd recommend typing the name of the products into https://www.examine.com to see if they have an article about it. They often use lots of scientific research so you'll get a good picture of how effective it is (or isn't, in most cases).
  • amyjordan746
    amyjordan746 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve been drinking 2 tablespoons a day for 2 months. I’m not sure it’s helping me lose weight. My blood pressure is better though.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It seems to me OP you already know that it's BS. Go with your gut here, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.