How often are you weighing?

Options
Daily or Weekly....its all a mind game...what seems to work best?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Get up, pee, weigh in just my underwear, every day. My scale logs it automatically so all my apps get updated.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me it’s once a week, same day, same time. A couple years ago I was going to a personal trainer and that was our normal schedule.... I kept the same going into my own program. Anything more than that frustrates me.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food all the time. I weigh myself whenever I feel like it. (Right now I need batteries, so it'll come again soon).

Once I learned about how fluctuations work, I stopped bothering with daily and mostly did weekly. Trend is all that matters.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What works best depends on you. Some people like to track the daily fluctuations. Some people can't stand the fluctuations so they take longer periods of time between weigh-ins (weekly..some people weigh monthly). The weight loss trend is the most important figure in losing weight. Weigh-in schedules do not affect that trend.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week logging in on libra, and i log it on here on a Friday as my 'official' weigh day
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Daily and I use a trending weight from the Libra app, which I log weekly on MFP. It numbs you to the fluctuations so you don't focus on it as much. I forget some days what I weighed in that morning and I like it that way. It lets me focus more of my attention on fitness and nutrition and, in the meantime, my chart keeps declining so I'm losing weight and happy :smile:
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    every Monday after I use the restroom
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Usually each morning although Friday is my official weight day each week :smile:
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every morning upon waking up and just before bed...this may be excessive for most but i love looking at my numbers. As Ann said it's all data for our use :)
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I like data points from day to day. But the number that matters to me is my Friday morning weigh-in.
  • ADeCapua
    ADeCapua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This year, I started off weighing myself on Monday. The New Year started on a Monday, and I wanted a baseline number. Also, the MFP week starts anew each Monday, so it just kind of worked out. So, Mondays before breakfast I weigh myself now.
  • UnicornSmoothie
    UnicornSmoothie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to get a good picture of my trending weight. It used to drive me crazy, the more I see the daily fluctuations, the better I have been able to handle things and adjust accordingly over the longer term.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily so I won't attach as big a significance to it, it's just routine. I used to feel panic/discouragement when one week's (low) weight would be followed by another two weeks' (high) weigh-ins that seemed to indicate no loss at all. Also like more data to crunch.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    In general, unfortunately, Mondays are just about the worst day for a weekly weigh in.

Most people go out or visit with family on the weekend especially Friday and Saturday nights.

Spurious weight in numbers because of water retention due to sodium, or excess food in the digestive system, are more likely on Monday mornings for most people as opposed to say Thursday morning, or Friday morning.

My personal suggestion would still be daily using a trending weight app.

But I feel compelled to add the above because of the fully avoidable but inevitable number of Monday threads related to no loss the previous week because of sodium bloat associated with a Saturday evenings out.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually Wednesday or Thursday. Our only scale is the Wii fit, and it's currently in my kids room (4 daughters). So at least one kid always witnesses my weigh in, and since they are very impressionable, and nearing puberty, I keep it to once a week, and never let them see me get bummed if it's an off week and it jumps up.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Every day in Libra. Log it. Move on. Watch the trend over time.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday right after I wake up.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Every day. I like to see the graph, even if it looks like a mountain range... I like seeing the overall downward trend. Plus, it helps me to notice when things (like eating out) have an effect on my weight.