Options
zacharyzane91
zacharyzane91 Posts: 71 Member
so who all is into any of the above and whats some of your fav things to do

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I love it but I think its great for bonding and experiencing nature. Seems like people don't do that much anymore.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Is this about making an underground bunker type thing, incase of disaster, or like zombie apocalypse or something.

If so I am not at all prepared
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I'm an outdoors lover

:wink:

I’m a lover, but only outdoors
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the outdoors. But, don't fall into the zombie apocalypse survivalist category. Have a lot of friends who do it, and I agree that some level of preparation is good to hae. But, some go way too overboard.
  • zacharyzane91
    Options
    im not an extreme prepper i think all you really need is a 72 hour supply of stuff in case of emergencies, i do love being outdoors tho and learning new survival skills, love hiking camping primitive and cabin type vacations, kayaking, mountain biking and @_barefoot_ a tree house would be awesome lol my picks would be a log cabin type house or a river boat home,
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Like the outdoors. Just started prepping for things like major ice storms and power outages... haven't reached zombie apocalypse level. I admit I am slowly putting together a BOB.
  • zacharyzane91
    Options
    Serious answer: I love the outdoors, it calms me a lot. I would love to try the survivalist stuff, see if I can successfully survive, zombie version of that would fun too.

first rule of zombieland CARDIO lol
  • zacharyzane91
    Options
    I just want to shoot things with a crossbow

im a fan of the regular compacts im bigger on bow hunting then riffle
  • zacharyzane91
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    im not an extreme prepper i think all you really need is a 72 hour supply of stuff in case of emergencies, i do love being outdoors tho and learning new survival skills, love hiking camping primitive and cabin type vacations, kayaking, mountain biking and @_barefoot_ a tree house would be awesome lol my picks would be a log cabin type house or a river boat home,

Ever thought about signing up on those reality shows like " alone " or "Naked and Afraid " ? :D

all the time!!!! lol
  • zacharyzane91
    Options

Oh I would never shoot an animal with it.

personal preference, completely understand
  • zacharyzane91
    Options

Oh I would never shoot an animal with it.

personal preference, completely understand

I thought this was for people when the world ends or did I get "survivalist" wrong, I saw a TV show on those people once.

survivalist is just a general term for people into outdoor skills etc
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    https://www.ready.gov is a good site that has info on what most people need in the event of a natural disaster, severe weather, etc. It's good to have a few days supply food and water in the event of being stuck in the house.

Most people aren't prepared for realistic things such as the above. It's good to have some level of prepardness in case of evacuation such as we saw in the past due to weather such as hurricanes or ice/snow storms and stuck in the home for days.

Health also plays a vital role in all of this as well. Continuously work to improve your health, as well as be aware of any special medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, or others. If you have someone dependent upon powered medical devices, having a small portable generator is also a good idea.