Unmotivated

Options
Charan4
Charan4 Posts: 2 Member
Hello, I am looking for realistic tips and ideas to help me get motivated to work out each day. I know the exercises I enjoy, but it isn't enough. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your excuses for not working out?
  • peppsi18
    peppsi18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Charan4 wrote: »
    Hello, I am looking for realistic tips and ideas to help me get motivated to work out each day. I know the exercises I enjoy, but it isn't enough. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any help!
    What are your excuses for not working out?

I like to work out to fitness DVD's. My favorite s are Rosemary Conley salsacise, Mel B and Natalie Cassidy. Also enjoy treadmill whilst watching catch up TV! Good luck with getting motivated. ;)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Well you're here for a reason and asking questions. So you need to ask yourself what's more important, whatever reasons brought you here or not working out. I try to make a list in my head of reasons to work out versus reasons not to work out. Usually I can come up with dozens of reasons to work out, but only one reason not to work out which is usually I just don't feel like it. Then I think I also don't feel like being fat, tired, and grumpy so I just go.

Download some new music that I like and only put it on the device I use to work out. Sometimes listening to good new music can really energize me.

Buy some new workout clothes or some new shoes.

I have taken my "before" picture and put it up on my fridge or make it the wallpaper on my phone so I have to look at it constantly.

I try to come up with a nutrition and exercise plan ahead of time or plan out my week. If I have any extra busy days I'll make those my rest days and schedule accordingly. Sometimes if I say I am going to do X and Y on Monday and Wednesday I am more likely to do it, instead of just saying maybe I'll try and work out tomorrow and constantly make excuses.

Do you have any friends or relatives that you can work out with? Pick a specific day and time and put it on both of your calendars. If one of you can't make it, make sure you reschedule. Sometimes I enjoy playing sports with others instead of working out alone.
  • roxskow
    roxskow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting, make it a habit and get focused on being disciplined!! Do you feel like brushing your teeth? No, but it's a habit so you do it :smile:
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, too, that you don't actually have to work out to lose weight. Losing weight by being in a caloric deficit means that you have time to experiment and find something that you enjoy to do for HEALTH, not weight.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    It helps to have short-term goals. Maybe you can try to do more repetitions, or do something faster.
    Ultimately, it's up to you to find your own motivation, but good thinking reaching out for some ideas.