New mom wanting to get back on track

Options
Makingchanges17
Makingchanges17 Posts: 124 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I'm a new (first time) mom who is wanting to try to get back to/or at least close to my pre-pregnancy body. I know my body may never get back to where it was but I at least want to try to get back to the best version I can. I am almost 5 weeks postpartum and breastfeeding. I gained 28 lbs during my pregnancy and lost about 13 lbs within the first week/2 weeks but am now at a standstill. Any suggestions/tips on how to keep the weight loss going. I don't want to hurt my supply so I'm not looking to drastically cut calories. Any easy exercises to start incorporating? I know it took 9 months to put the weight on and it will take time to get it off but I want to start working my muscles and building tone and strength as much as I can!

Replies

• Myers8778
    Myers8778 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I get it! Been there. I'm almost 43 thought now, and my "babies" are 9 & 11. :)

Breastfeeding is a great way to lose the weight quickly! But I wouldn't start actively curbing your calories or anything until you are done nursing. Start with some exercises though! Something you can do at home! Like planks, high knees, shoulder taps, v-ups for abs, burpees, etc. do intervals of 20-30 seconds on, and 10 seconds off, doing as many rounds as you can get in. I promise you you will sweat and make progress without spending a lot of time. Interval training is great for busy moms. Then start using my fitness pal to keep an eye on your diet. It will all come together! Stick with it :)