Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    To get relevant answers you'll need to define healthy
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The fastest and healthiest is to wait for a real meal, but if it's only once in a while, choose whatever you want.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Avoiding fried food would be a good start. You can eat what you want as long as it fits your daily calorie allotment.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you define "healthy," but I usually get a bean burrito from Taco Bell when I'm in a hurry. They have a nutrition calculator on their website so you can tell the calories/macros you're getting in a menu item, even if you customize it. Many other fast food places have this information online as well, so it may be worth checking your favorite places and looking at different options until you find some choices that meet your preferences for taste and your calorie/macro goals.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    For me it's a beef and potato roti, or a chicken sandwich. I never include fries with my order, and sometimes I skip the drink because it's too expensive.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Taco Bell. Their soft shell shredded chicken tacos fresco style are 140 calories each.
    Subway is AWESOME for staying under calories. Just google some options, you'll usually be able to find one you like.
  • lynnbelo
    lynnbelo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just tried the grilled chicken fajita pita from jack in the box yesterday...336 calories and 24g protein, but 1117mg sodium. Pretty tasty, but definitely not a routine meal.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    People here will want to know more info - do you have a goal to lose weight? What fast food restaurants are you visiting? Are you looking to avoid certain foods? Etc etc. If you want to lose weight, you can eat anything as long as it fits in your daily allowance. At least w/ fast food options, you should be able to find accurate calorie data on the MFP site in order to log everything.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My definition of healthy is whatever I can eat, that tastes good, without going over my calorie goal.

If I can fit a quarter pounder into my day without going over my goal then fine I have it. I may have to choose to eliminate something later...

All food has some kind of nutritional value, even fast food. It has protein carbs and fat. All things your body needs. (Course it also has sodium and other things like cholesterol... Which if you need to watch those items, then be careful with how much you consume.) But honestly if you want a quarter pounder or something like that, have it as long as you can fit it in your daily goal.

I often choose my urgers from Burger King to be without mayo and without cheese. While I love cheese, Burger King and McDonald's cheese is nothing but melted cheddar flavored plastic as far as I am concerned. I don't want to waste calories on it. Mayo is a huge huge calorie bomb. So taking away the cheese and the mayo saves a significant amount of fat and calories.