Not first start, but I hope that it will be the last

Options
I started tracking my food and weight on and off on 2013. Some year went with as much as 4 weight tracks per year, others went almost everyday for specific period. However, it is the first time I managed to stick and continue loosing weight for 6+ weeks, so I hope this time will be the last. I have to loose AT LEAST 85lbs till healthy BMI, preferably a bit more, and 15 of these 85 is already gone. So - starting and hoping it will be the last time I need to start.

Replies

• andarc07
    andarc07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The process you made so far is great! I too am looking to lose 80-90 lbs. Today was day one so here is too many more
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    andarc07 wrote: »
    The process you made so far is great! I too am looking to lose 80-90 lbs. Today was day one so here is too many more

Good luck, you just need to find what works for you! For me a low carb (keto) works the best (at least I do not feel hungry), though I miss fruits. But I miss low weight more :wink:
  • KaylaFindsFitness
    KaylaFindsFitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree. I want this to be the last time I start.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My best advice (having lost over 150 lbs) - eat a balanced diet with foods you love. Keep the calories as close as possible to what MFP gives you (believe me - if you undercut them drastically it is sooooooooooo hard to stay on track - been there, done that), celebrate each pound lost, don't set a time limit to lose x number of pounds as weight loss is not linear. Most important though - believe in yourself, know that you are in this for the long run, and make this a lifestyle you can live with for the rest of your life. You can do this!
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    My best advice (having lost over 150 lbs) - eat a balanced diet with foods you love. Keep the calories as close as possible to what MFP gives you (believe me - if you undercut them drastically it is sooooooooooo hard to stay on track - been there, done that), celebrate each pound lost, don't set a time limit to lose x number of pounds as weight loss is not linear. Most important though - believe in yourself, know that you are in this for the long run, and make this a lifestyle you can live with for the rest of your life. You can do this!
    Thank you! I found keto, it is way easier to eat lower calories and not jump out of it. Also, I use other app to log foods - MFP sometimes have multiple entries for same food with way too different information. But I still log the weight here and join the community and challenges :)