Dumbest thing you've ever done!?!

Options
123457»

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This just happened on the weekend! Cashed a cheque for a stranger not realizing cheques take time to clear... Lesson learned the hard way!

Not sure what you mean by this? You cashed a check as in you gave money to a stranger for a check they gave you? If so, that sucks.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    My ex
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Buying our second vehicle... never buy a vehicle brand new. Just don't do it.
  • cee134
    Options
    I’ve done a lot of dumb things. But one I really wish I could go back in time for is Juilliard. I got accepted and I didn’t go because my boyfriend at the time didn’t want me too. I couldn’t see past my love for him. I was a naive girl, who thought she was going to marry him one day. lol.

I'm sorry. Have you considered going back?
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to say getting married, but honestly everything happens for a reason. Going through that experience changed me. To regret anything from my past would mean I wouldn't be the same person I am today.
  • miss_boof
    miss_boof Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I, 100%, ran over a friend with my car by accident when we were teenagers. My car was full, she was in the backseat with 2 other people, we were in a parking lot driving by people, and the guy in the middle jokingly opened the door and pushed her out. People started yelling, inside and outside the car, and I hit the gas and went about 20 feet before stopping.... I ran over her right leg with my tire... she was fine, but I really thought I was going to jail.
  • cee134
    Options
    miss_boof wrote: »
    I, 100%, ran over a friend with my car by accident when we were teenagers. My car was full, she was in the backseat with 2 other people, we were in a parking lot driving by people, and the guy in the middle jokingly opened the door and pushed her out. People started yelling, inside and outside the car, and I hit the gas and went about 20 feet before stopping.... I ran over her right leg with my tire... she was fine, but I really thought I was going to jail.

Ahh.... the classic push-someone-out-of-a-moving-car gag.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Posted work stuff on FB and got caught.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i stole my moms cc to book a trip to michigan (I’m from jersey) to meet up with a guy I met on a cruise who I thought was the love of my life. obviously insane haha

I was 16 and landed myself on the national runaway list. Forgot to mention I also used her card to book a car service to take me to the airport
  • Phalina1983
    Phalina1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    This just happened on the weekend! Cashed a cheque for a stranger not realizing cheques take time to clear... Lesson learned the hard way!

Not sure what you mean by this? You cashed a check as in you gave money to a stranger for a check they gave you? If so, that sucks.

Yeah that's what happened. Silly mistake.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I once tried to bend a 8" nail over that was poking out of a lump of wood with my foot (to save anyone else standing on it).....but it went straight through my own foot!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I refuse to answer this on the grounds that I might try and improve my record. :D:D:D
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Stole some dynamite and hid it in the woods (I was 7 yo and didn't want my wood turned into a large residential area). The building company got into some problems for not securing their storage over the weekend though...