Broken back

Options
So I’m just getting restarted after a 5 month break, weighed in and went to my 2nd aerobics class....fell and broke my back. Is there anything I can do aside from diet to lose weight? Will water aerobics help? I can’t do much and walking is painful still.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you are cleared by your medical team, aqua fit or water walking would be a good fit. If you do the aqua fit you may want to adjust some of the movements so your back isn't over stressed.
    There are different levels of classes, opt for gentle or rehab if available.

You may be able to get a PT trough your doctor that specializes in water therapy.

While you are healing eat at maintenance.

So sorry about the fall. :'(
    Cheers, h.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lynnskaggs wrote: »
    So I’m just getting restarted after a 5 month break, weighed in and went to my 2nd aerobics class....fell and broke my back. Is there anything I can do aside from diet to lose weight? Will water aerobics help? I can’t do much and walking is painful still.

what exercise you can do is a question for your medical team, but weight loss is all about your calorie deficit.

that being said, you should eat in maintenance while you're healing so as not to stress your body even more.
  • lynnskaggs
    lynnskaggs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad I asked because I didn’t realize it would be a problem to still eat at a deficit

Thanks!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Eating at calorie deficit is all that is required to lose weight. Wishing you a speedy recovery.