New Beginnings

Options
Hello! My name is Lauren and I'm 25. I recently joined MFP to help take control back over my body. I've been overweight ever since I could remember. I was raised as an only child and the stereotypes are true -- we are spoiled. In some cases, I was spoiled with food that was not the most healthiest, which led to bad eating habits. I recently topped my highest weight of 280lbs after the holidays and was so disappointed for letting it get this far, especially after plateauing close to 250lbs for so long. With this being said, I do not want to see my weigh go up a pound higher; I want to make a change in my lifestyle for the long run with no turning back. My short term goal is to lose 40-50lbs by my April vacation and eventually reach a weight close to 160lbs hopefully within the next two years.

So far I am very impressed with MFP and have not missed a day in my diary since deciding to rededicate myself to weigh loss. I also love the atmosphere of this messageboard community, as there seems to be a lot of positive vibes of encouragement all around (I've been lurking for the past week lol). I look forward to sharing my journey, learning new things from this community, and overall reaching my goal. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other!