Needing help !!

Options
Do you ever feel bad for eating more than 1200 calories... Like i ate 1420 today i felt like a pig i felt like the worst like i was a mistake.. Anyone suggestions ??

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nope. Letting go of that mentality was the best thing I've ever done. It always put me into a cycle of anger, shame, and overeating. Would you tell a friend they were a pig for eating over 1200 calories? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't be saying it to yourself. Self-compassion is so important in this.
  • Jushere018
    Jushere018 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went over by 290 today. It’s ok :) I’ll do better tomorrow
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel, your body needs it. 1200 is the minimum to make sure you're getting enough nutrients. Depending on your stats, 1420 may not even be a dealbreaker for your, and if it is, it's only one day. One day doesn't undo everything.
  • NextRightThing714
    NextRightThing714 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No. Food is not inherently evil. Stop feeling guilty about it and move on.
  • FittnessWorld
    FittnessWorld Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Log it, move on, and look into your relationship with food. 1200 calories is the minimum you should be eating, so unless you're extremely small you were still in a deficit.

I know but also workout and its just hard for me
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on, and look into your relationship with food. 1200 calories is the minimum you should be eating, so unless you're extremely small you were still in a deficit.

You might be better off choosing a smaller deficit then. What are your stats?
  • FittnessWorld
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Nope. Letting go of that mentality was the best thing I've ever done. It always put me into a cycle of anger, shame, and overeating. Would you tell a friend they were a pig for eating over 1200 calories? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't be saying it to yourself. Self-compassion is so important in this.

I feel like crap for eating that much
  • FittnessWorld
    Options
    Jushere018 wrote: »
    I went over by 290 today. It’s ok :) I’ll do better tomorrow

U got this
  • FittnessWorld
    Options

Its not that easy
  • FittnessWorld
    Options

Im 5'1 and im 241.2 pounds
  • NextRightThing714
    NextRightThing714 Posts: 355 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Its not that easy

It really is, my dear. Now for some unsolicited advice: at 1200c, you're eating well below your BMR and are setting yourself up for frustration and failure long term. Eat your allotted calories.

ETA: noticed dairy at 1500...
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You're freaking out about today, but your diary says you've been eating close to that 1530 target on most days.

What made today different for you?
  • FittnessWorld
    Options

Im 5'1 and im 241.2 pounds

According to your diary you should be eating 1530 calories a day. I would start eating that amount and remembering that you're still in a deficit. Eating more than 1200 calories is not a bad thing; in your case it's better, because a higher deficit than necessary can cause additional muscle loss and a host of other health issues.

Okay thanks
  • FittnessWorld
    Options

Its not that easy

It really is, my dear. Now for some unsolicited advice: at 1200c, you're eating well below your BMR and are setting yourself up for frustration and failure long term. Eat your allotted calories.

ETA: noticed dairy at 1500...

Ill try
  • FittnessWorld
    Options
    I'm confused. You're freaking out about today, but your diary says you've been eating close to that 1530 target on most days.

I think i may have an eating disorder..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,856 Member
    Options
    Excessive food restriction has been known to trigger ED like behavior in people who had not previously shown any such tendencies.

Reduce your deficit to no more than 20% of your daily TDEE (or even eat at maintenance) and start looking for someone to discuss this with as mental health is as much or more part of your health as your weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I think i may have an eating disorder..

then seek professional help.
  • sorchaedwards1991
    sorchaedwards1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You will still lose on 1400/1500 calories looking at your stats. Looking at your food diary though, you are eating nearly entirely processed foods. If you ate a more balanced diet and included fruit and veg as well as preparing some of your own meals, you would get a lot more bang for your buck. You would probably find 1200 calories isn't as hard if you changed what you ate.