Rant, angry and depressed

Options
2»

Replies

• bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Maintenance isn't staying at one weight all the time. It's staying within a range of weight over a period of time. 5 lb. range over that period of time is awesome maintenance in my book.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Jesu.

If you're struggling with a flux like this I suspect you need to see a therapist. Such extreme thinking over such tiny shifts are symptoms of a larger problem- or potential larger problems.

You're fine.
    Get some professional help- it's not bad. Most people need therapy- and if they aren't they should be getting it- we all got baggage yo.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If you find dealing with a number on scale to be difficult mentally an alternative is to measure your self with tape in order to stay on track. It's not as precise, but less prone to fluctuations that could lead to a meltdown.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, you've done very very well. I maintained with a 10 pound range for a year and a half, then gained an extra 10. Now I'm losing it again. It's not the end of the world! Don't live your life in fear or worry, just keep an eye on it and know you've done good! If it gets to a point that you're not comfortable with, just maybe log for a bit again, drop it back off, then go back to normal maintenance.