Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mom success stories?

2»

Replies

• megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    Hello!

I started out in December 2016 at 155lb 5'2" 32 yrs old and my daughter was 16 months old.

When I got pregnant I was 139lb, got up to 167lb then the baby weight never really totally fell off once I had her. I lost some weight, but was struggling with not getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight, ideally I wanted to be even lower than that.. but that was my first goal. I started casually counting, not weighing anything or even logging every day.. just kind of easing in to it and no exercise yet. By the Spring I was down only 10lb, so I kicked it into high gear and started logging and weighing myself daily, bought a food scale and used it as often as possible. I also added walking to my routine, I'd walk Monday-Friday for about 20 minutes on my lunch break, then walk after dinner 4-5 days a week with my daughter for 30 minutes. It started falling off much quicker! I flew past my pre-pregnancy weight by July and kept on going. I'm currently in maintenance mode weighing in at 127-129lb until the weather changes and I can get out moving again. My ultimate goal was 128lb, I hit that in 10 months time. Now I'd like to see 125lb.. it's slow going that I have so little left to lose, but I know I'll get there eventually.

Best of luck to you, it can be done!

pmi5yjt7rkx0.jpg

Awesome! What was your calorie goal? I can't wait till it's warmer out so baby and I can go on long walks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!