Amy's TV dinners...

Options
2»

Replies

• lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the "light & lean" options. The mac&cheese, spaghetti w/ "meat"balls, black bean burrito. I usually add stuff to them, a packet of tuna or some steamed broccoli to the mac & cheese (like tuna casserole, yum!), cheese to the pasta, enchilada sauce and cheese to the burrito. They are low enough in calories, that the additions still have the meal come in under 350 cals. I've branched out a little lately, but Amy's are my original go to lunch choice at work.
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @lisaepell I've never thought of adding to them but that's a GREAT idea. I will have to give that a try for sure!
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with the Amy’s burritos. I seriously can’t buy them because I just eat them all.
  • mtbusse73
    Options
    @fatvegan88 I feel the same way. If I took more than one dinner to work I'm sure I would eat more than one.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    mtbusse73 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried the TV dinners sold in the frozen food section of your local grocery store called Amy's Organic? I just love these things - they are delicious and typically have less than 400 calories and no preservatives of any kind. And for what it's worth most of it is organic.

Green curry is the best imo. They’re pricey though but so worth it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Love Amy's. Their burritos are our "in case" food. Have been for years. Their little "hot pockets" and "pizza pocket" things? GAH!!!! A life saver as I was transitioning to a more nutritious diet. Great stuff to have on stand by!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love Amy's for sure!!! The mushroom rissotto is wonderful :smiley:
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love Amy's. They are great for a quick dinner or lunch, especially now that I am vegan. They also have great canned soups! I love the black bean chili.

Also a fan of Sweet Earth. They have good bowls and good burritos....I love the Curry Tiger burrito.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Good but too expensive for me to have on a regular basis: :'(
  • mtbusse73
    Options
    @whitpauly go to Amys.com
    They sent me some coupons.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I may try them out for days when I don’t have any leftovers to take for lunch. I’ve never had a frozen dinner that was actually enough food for me and was very good though so I stay away from them.
  • aylerz
    aylerz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The enchiladas are the best! So much sodium, though. Typically it's a splurge type of deal for me, because I usually need a side salad or soup to make it an actual meal.
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I really like the Amy's meals, especially because they have a lot of vegan options which can't be found ready-made from other brands in the store. I'm vegetarian but I eat a lot of vegan foods. The burritos, Indian wraps, pot pies, mac and cheese, and pizza are all good and all have vegan options available. They are a bit expensive and high in sodium though so I only have them every once in a while.
  • LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's! Just had one for lunch today. I usually try to eat more home cooked meals (skinnytaste.com is my savior for recipes), but when I don't have anything readily prepared already, Amy's meals are my go-to. I won't buy any other frozen meal. I usually try to find them on sale, but I'd rather pay a little bit extra for Amy's, which has ingredients I trust and am okay with, as opposed to God awful Lean Cuisine or something like that.. plus Amy's just tastes better.