Hi Everyone

Options
Hi Everyone,

I would like to lose 20 lbs. I really like the myfitnesspal app and keeping up with my calories. I have a question, does it matter what you eat if you stay under your calorie intake and exercise. I try my best to eat healthily but I travel a lot with my job and sometimes fast food is all that is available. Any suggestions? I feel so guilty and defeated when I eat out :(.

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    All that matters is that you maintain a caloric deficit. Exercise just means more calories you can consume :)
    With 20 pounds to lose, set a reasonable loss goal of .5 lbs per week and log as accurately as possible (weigh solids/measure liquids). You'll be fine and be able to fit fast food in as well.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Take away the Guilt and Defeat This is a lifestyle change. Eat healthy when you can. If you're traveling and can't, then you eat. Feeling defeated will bring on more bad feelings which your brain then says "why do this" and stops.

Even fast food has choices that are 'better or worse' for that location. Choose what you can and feel good about it
    You can do it