Too many eggs a day?

Options
Quick google search says 2 a day, I have trouble eating enough protein+fat so 3 fits very nicely into my diet, will the cholesterol really harm me?

I mean..Gaston ate 5 dozen when he was a lad, 6 dozen as a man.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on blood serum levels for most people...your liver produces far more than you eat...
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Research on eggs is a funny thing; you'll find some research saying they're bad, some saying they're good. In the end, I would say don't worry too much about it and focus on the entirety of your nutrition plan. One can only eat so many eggs everyday anyway before you get sick of it. :smiley: You can also buy liquid egg whites, which you can blend into oatmeal and stuff. It sounds gross but it's actually pretty good, egg whites and oatmeal that is.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Eat 3. Unless you're a high risk for cholesterol levels, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bzzzt - 4 dozen to get large, 5 dozen to get the size of a barge (roughly). 6 dozen kill you dead.

Gaston is the final authority on getting swole. Animated Gaston, not the manlet they used in the live action film.

Anyway, I use liquid egg whites for the protein while dodging the cholesterol.

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    So unless you have a family history of heart ailments I would not worry about it. This is coming from someone who since he started measuring his cholesterol in 2009 has had HIGH cholesterol. last check was 249 and HDL 49 and LDL 179.

I have tried to eat healthier since that last check, but in front of me at this very moment is a 4 egg cheese omelet. I was also told fiber helps remove and I have added eating some ground flaxseed in morning oatmeal. It makes it thicker when you add it so make sure you have some extra liqiud in there. there really is no bad taste to ground flaxseed in my honest opinion.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    The egg and Cholesterol speak is old dated nutrition info. Eat away research has shown that most of the cholesterol in our body is made by our liver-it doesn't come from cholesterol we eat. The liver is stimulated to make cholesterol primarily by saturated fat and trans fat in our diet, not dietary cholesterol. But a large egg contains little saturated fat-about 1.5 grams (g). And research has confirmed that eggs also contain many healthy nutrients: lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for the eyes; choline, which is good for the brain and nerves; and various vitamins (A, B, and D). In fact, just one large egg contains 270 international units (IU) of vitamin A and 41 IU of vitamin D. One large egg also contains about 6 g of protein and 72 calories.

So unless you're smoking six packs a day, currently have diabetes, and also have cholesterol issues you're fine.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    While I'm no Gaston, I usually have half a dozen whites daily in one way or another. Frittatas. Soup filler. Sandwiches. Mixed with sautéed veggies.

Yay eggs! I separate the yolks because they're more calorie heavy and the whites have more of the protein. Fits my macros better that way.