Workout Program Recommendations (except for Beachbody)

Options
2»

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I was using Dr. Layne Norton's PHAT (power/hypertrophy adaptive training) for 3 years before moving on to Dr. Mike Zourdos' D.U.P program. I have worked with but coaches directly...amazing programs to say the least.

^^^ Acta non verba^^^
    :wink: :laugh: ^^^^
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    I am doing Jamie Easton's 12 week program. Check it out on bodybuilding.com.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jamie Easton's 12 week program. Check it out on bodybuilding.com.

I've worked through some of Jamie's program, as well as Jim Stoppani's also.
    Both are great programs.

Thanks
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Tapout XT? It's based on mixed martial arts and I read some great reviews on it. If I hadn't gotten a gym membership for my birthday I was going to check it out after I completed Insanity.

I remember seeing ads for it before. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

I have done both Tapout XT and Les Mills Combat. I've enjoyed both, and in fact my husband is working through Tapout XT. Actually, earlier this year, Tapout XT2 was released and looks to be even more intense than the original (there is an additional weighted ball with handles that comes with the set).

Re: The Les Mills-Beachbody thing. Les Mills is a NZ-based company that had developed a series of at-gym group fitness classes (Body Attack, Body Combat, RPM, and some others) and also has gyms in NZ. Beachbody is the marketer/distributor (among other things) of the at-home DVD workouts developed in conjunction with Les Mills.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like Weider X factor and supreme 90---both sold at walmart and both are pretty good. I also enjoyed rush fit (although I never finish but that is because I'm always joining other challenges) ---I also really enjoy a website called fitness blender---I know you did not ask for websites but its great and free---its a husband and wife team with loads of workout videos---I love there workouts
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    RushFit.
  • jeremyw1977
    Options

Okay, I haven't even followed the link yet, and already this one has peaked my interest.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options

Okay, I haven't even followed the link yet, and already this one has peaked my interest.

notsureiflegal
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons....sweating to the oldies
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    Richard Simmons....sweating to the oldies

Remind me to collect my gear and set up my digging expedition to unearth that relic.
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I like tae-bo workouts. he got tons of individual videos you can get at walmart. and on "as seen on tv" website you can find his program "tae-bo PT 24/7"

I want to get it next time I have money and can find it again. =)

it mostly foot work but I think anyone can enjoy it if like punches and kicks and squats.