Healthy, good tasting recipes?

hyIianprincess
hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
What are some of your favorite healthy recipes? Bonus points if they have lots of veggies. I'm at a good weight, but I would love to incorporate more vegetables and less processed foods. I've tried a few recipes on Pinterest but nothing stood out. I find myself not eating all of my meals simply because I don't care for the taste.

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I like spaghetti squash with alfredo sauce and either chicken or shrimp
    (not the one I make but its similiar) https://www.thegunnysack.com/chicken-alfredo-spaghetti-squash/

I also like loaded cauliflower
    (not the one I make but its similiar) https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/loaded-cauliflower-low-carb-keto/
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You don't necessarily need recipes as much as you need to develop some basic food prep building blocks.

For example, To add more veggies, buy fresh or frozen veggies, throw in a covered dish with a small splash of evoo and good balsamic, microwave for 2-4 minutes. Alternatively, some people like to roast up a batch of veggies at the beginning of the week to use in a variety of ways all week. You can add in as many unprocessed veggies as you want this way. You don't need a special recipe every day.

Choose the protein you prefer, like chicken, a steak, fish, etc. Marinate it for a few minutes in something, like lemon juice/evoo/rosemary or oregano or basil; soy sauce & 5-spice & sesame oil; etc. Then grill for 5-10 minutes.

Salad: Put some greens (spinach, kale, spring mix, romaine, etc.) in a salad bowl, add topping desired like tomotoes, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, nutd and of course CHEESE. Dress with evoo and flavored vinegar.

You can try different herbs and spices in the veggies, protein, or salad to create the flavor profiles you prefer. By changing one or two ingredients you can completely change the dish. I look through recipe books mainly to get ideas of different herb/spice combinations I can apply to this template.

Dinner is done in 15 minutes. Healthy. Simple. Unprocessed. Tasty. Filling.
  • Broccoli Crown
    Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
    1/4 Onion, Chopped
    8 Eggs
    1/2 C Cottage Cheese, 1%
    Olive Oil
    Garlic (I use about 2 TBSP minced)
    Salt & Pepper

Sauté garlic, onion, and bell pepper, until the pepper starts to soften, in a little olive oil. Add broccoli and cover for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli softens. Mix eggs and cottage cheese in food processor until smooth. But veggies in sprayed pie dish and cover with egg mixture. Cook at 375 for about 20 minutes, I sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on the top at this point and pop it back in, or until top is browned.