• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump ... want to read :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Newcomers to IF

Its no different to a normal calorie deficit ;) just saying from past experience
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Have people here not yet discovered google or something?
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Newcomers to IF

Its no different to a normal calorie deficit ;) just saying from past experience

Physiologically it may not be - though some of the science would disagree as it confers other health benefits that smaller kcal restrictions don't.

But psychologically it most certainly does - just saying from current experience :-D

I'd add that there are so many forms of IF that anyone wanting to start needs to consider all of the angles - JUDDD and 5:2 have the least, erm, fanatical(?) authors and their supporting science is well explained. Some of the others are equally good but may be less accessible due to their connection with other restrictions and/or exercise plans.

You may also start and decide that anyone doing this must be utterly bonkers.... I work with someone who started with me and is absolutely dead set against it. I can't blame her she had a horrid experience with it.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Have people here not yet discovered google or something?
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I recently wrote an article about IF over at my Facebook page (Non profit page, so not advertising anything)
  • stefjc
    Options
    I recently wrote an article about IF over at my Facebook page (Non profit page, so not advertising anything)

I do hope you have the right insurances for all of this Ritchie. And you are advertising, you are advertising your paid for classes, circuits, boot camp etc.

Using this site to give advice and get some free advertising and an SEO bump... definitely against the T+Cs!
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

https://www.facebook.com/achieveaesthetics/posts/561790363862635

I do hope you have the right insurances for all of this Ritchie. And you are advertising, you are advertising your paid for classes, circuits, boot camp etc.

How am I advertising anything? The bootcamp's are not mine for a start, or the paid classes - the website is just full of free information, I know you seem to have a stick up your *kitten* - but when you sit here for 12 hours in a day and answer over 6 pages worth of questions for free, you can then feel free to have an opinion.

Not only that, the classes and bootcamps are for people who live in that area, the chances of ANYONE here living in Holbeach are extremely low. I can't even go to them due to the distance.

It's okay, maybe go outside and get some fresh air, you might feel better.
  • stefjc
    Options
    Oh dear.

Just for your information I give my time for free in a sub clinical setting, that is with the NHS for socio-econically deprived population with a large number of comorbidities. I have an opinion that is based on 28 years of working with clinical population, frail elders as well as some elite athletes.

It is possible that there are also a number of other posters here who have considerably more experience than you and would not do as you are doing purely because their insurances will not cover them - it is unprofessional.

And the facebook site claims that you and the other person (Craig?) work together. So you are bumping someone's sales and SEOs.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Oh dear.

Just for your information I give my time for free in a sub clinical setting, that is with the NHS for socio-econically deprived population with a large number of comorbidities. I have an opinion that is based on 28 years of working with clinical population, frail elders as well as some elite athletes.

It is possible that there are also a number of other posters here who have considerably more experience than you and would not do as you are doing purely because their insurances will not cover them - it is unprofessional.

And the facebook site claims that you and the other person (Craig?) work together. So you are bumping someone's sales and SEOs.

Craig and I live miles away from each other, I linked directly to an article, people don't even have to look at my page, I don't care.

You work for the NHS, that says enough. I am sharing my knowledge because I am extremely experienced in what I do. If I didn't know the answers, I wouldn't answer questions or give advice.

You're not really worth my time. I like your feeble attempt though, impressive.
  • stefjc
    Options
    As I said, oh dear.

You may choose to dismiss me, as I dismiss you. But it wouldn't hurt you to learn to be a little less offensive. Fortunately you are young enough... you may even learn that a couple of years is no time at all to learn about how the human body actually works.

May I suggest you print this off and re-read it in a year or two?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    As I said, oh dear.

You may choose to dismiss me, as I dismiss you. But it wouldn't hurt you to learn to be a little less offensive. Fortunately you are young enough...

Oh don't worry, as soon as you mentioned the NHS I almost broke out into laughter. You're one of those people who talks about 28 years of experience, and i already know you're someone who buys into old studies, etc.

I'm surprised, honestly, really surprised that you don't think 5:2 is a bad idea and you think we have to eat 6 meals a day and eat breakfast or something. Kudos for that at least.
  • stefjc
    Options
    As I said, oh dear.

You may choose to dismiss me, as I dismiss you. But it wouldn't hurt you to learn to be a little less offensive. Fortunately you are young enough...

Oh don't worry, as soon as you mentioned the NHS I almost broke out into laughter. You're one of those people who talks about 28 years of experience, and i already know you're someone who buys into old studies, etc.

I'm surprised, honestly, really surprised that you don't think 5:2 is a bad idea and you think we have to eat 6 meals a day and eat breakfast or something. Kudos for that at least.

Nope - I do not work for the NHS, I work with them. I buy into old studies because sometimes they have information that explains current ones... history is never something to be ignored. If you have read any of my posts you will know that I am current in my research knowledge.

And 5:2 has nothing to do with eating 6 meals a day or always eating breakfast, if you think that you really don't know what it is.

You may choose to dismiss my experience, my knowledge etc , but that would be because you don't really know what they are.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    As I said, oh dear.

Nope - I do not work for the NHS, I work with them. I buy into old studies because sometimes they have information that explains current ones... history is never something to be ignored. If you have read any of my posts you will know that I am current in my research knowledge.

And 5:2 has nothing to do with eating 6 meals a day or always eating breakfast, if you think that you really don't know what it is.

You may choose to dismiss my experience, my knowledge etc , but that would be because you don't really know what they are.

I never said 5:2 had anything to do with that. I am done here. Have a great day.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    inb4 "you're gonna go into starvation mode"
  • stefjc
    Options
    inb4 "you're go into starvation mode"

Don't you start :)
  • ELVISDEAN
    Options
    fasting is the ****...its funny how 99% of the comments I read are completely idiotic..site should be called My Fitness Fail
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

https://www.facebook.com/achieveaesthetics/posts/561790363862635

Using this site to give advice and get some free advertising and an SEO bump... definitely against the T+Cs!

The link goes directly to an informative article that happens to be written on a site that may or may not be a business - I don't know because I didn't click the link just read the article. No where in the article did it tell me to click on the link or use any product. So I don't think that counts as "advertising".
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump